Merchandising Analysis & Insights Manager
HBOCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/3/2023 10:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Merchandising Analysis & Insights Manager jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Merchandising Analysis & Insights Manager postings
Full Time Job
Location: Culver City, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
As a Manager of Merchandising Strategy & Analysis, you will be joining the team responsible for championing a data-driven approach to editorial and merchandising activities in-app , developing frameworks and benchmarks for assessing performance, and providing insights and recommendations to leadership to influence decision making. This role requires a high level of collaboration with partners across WBD – the right person for this role is the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in ambiguity, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges. The Manager position will play a key role in supporting relationships across teams and delivering high quality work in one of the highest priority business initiatives at Warner Bros Discovery.
Your Role Accountabilities…
Develop frameworks and analyses for assessing key strategic questions facing the business, including such areas as:
• What metrics should we use to assess performance - of our content, of our app, and more
• How are our editorial and merchandising decisions impacting show performance
• What is the optimal way for editorial activities to live alongside machine learning algorithms
• Be an advocate for data-informed decision-making, making recommendations about how content performance should impact our merchandising choices
• Help our merchandising teams become data self-sufficient, utilizing metrics, dashboards, and tools to understand performance
• Collaborate with other teams, especially Data & Analytics, Business Intelligence, Tech, and Product to build the tools and processes necessary to drive strategy and analysis initiatives
• Work with stakeholders across multiple offices and time zones
• Provide insights to introduce recommendations to all discovery+ and HBOMax platforms in order to improve content consumption and increase subscriptions
• Contribute to the development of the Merchandising function
• Bachelor's Degree
• 6-8 years of work experience, including 2-3 years in Consulting, Investment Banking, and/or Corporate Strategy -- particularly in the media and entertainment and / or direct-to-consumer space
• Excellent analytical skills, with a deep attention to detail
• Superior ability to synthesize the output from analyses, identify the ''so-what,'' develop early hypotheses, and propose the next line of inquiry
• Experience in building executive-level materials, with a keen eye for presentation design, and the ability to distill complex concepts and analyses into clear, easy-to-understand presentations
• Possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Passion for entertainment, love for content and avid viewer, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends while figuring out what the future will look like with a relentless focus on creating and improving consumer value.
• Collaborative and diplomatic by nature, but also willing to take and defend data- and analysis-backed positions in the ongoing process and dialogue around content selection.
• The successful candidate must be motivated, disciplined, taking initiative and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• Should be energetic, positive, and resilient with a demonstrated ability to influence, build relationships, and drive projects among cross-functional stakeholders in a fast-paced, constantly changing and deadline driven environment
• Bonus points for modeling and statistical knowledge, such as forecasting, AB-testing, or statistical modeling and causal inference
• Proficient in Adobe Analytics, Microstrategy, Tableau, Excel, and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Team player
• Familiarity with the Google Suite of collaboration software
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $104,996.00 - $194,992.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.