Manager, Social Media
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Social Media Manager for the HBO General Inc.-Brand Marketing department. The Social Media Manager (Strategist) will work on HBO and HBO Max brand social channels, writing, publishing, editing, pitching and approving content for platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
This role will be a key partner to both the Program Marketing and Growth Marketing teams, working closely with each group to generate content that spans the brand ecosystem and informing the editorial strategy within those journeys.
• Publish content to Tik Tok, Instagram, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
• Contribute to publishing strategy and the execution of daily content across brand social profiles
• Develop strategies to increase growth engagement across our social brands, identifying areas of opportunity and delivering against relative performance benchmarks
• Work with the Director of Social Media to maintain and evolve publishing strategy across social platforms
• Create campaign strategy initiatives across HBO and HBO Max social channels in support of Brand Marketing efforts, all of which ladder up to HBO and HBO Max's brand goals and business metrics.
• Contribute to the development and execution of the HBO and HBO Max brand tone of voice in digital.
• Serve as a liaison between all internal departments to ensure cohesive strategies and integrated campaigns.
• Effectively supervise junior staff, providing direction, managing workflow, and overseeing skill development.
• Craft reporting on social performance, communicating insights to social and non-social stakeholders across HBO
• Engage with the HBO audience across our different social platforms
• Identify industry insights and trends to define and refine channel approach.
• 4 years of relevant social media experience
• 3 years of people management experience
• Demonstration of outstanding creative and editorial judgment
• Forward-thinking attitude.
• The ability to effectively perform under pressure, identify and delegate tasks effectively, and pay close attention to detail while staying focused on the big picture
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• An ability to think both creatively and strategically
• Proven track record of refining content strategies based on performance insights
• Passionate about entertainment, popular culture, television, media, cross-platform storytelling and the HBO/HBO Max brand.
• A strong understanding of Facebook Instagram YouTube Twitter Tik Tok, and what contributes to content performing well on these platforms.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.