Manager Production Planning Incentives
HBOCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Location: Culver City, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
This position will work closely with the SVP of Global Incentives and Production Planning
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Research and develop a deep understanding of all domestic and international production incentives.
• Help provide the production units across HBO and HBO MAX with information regarding opportunities to access government supported film and television incentives
• Day to day strategic and operational planning, advice and support for the production department
• Identify production opportunities around the world
• Develop business initiatives to help support accessing government incentives
• Liaise with business units to maximize the value of production incentives (rebates, tax credits, etc.)
• Liaise with legal, finance and tax to provide input when necessary
• Monitor and advise production and finance units of potential changes to existing or opening legislation
• Advise external affairs representatives of the interpretation and impact of production incentives
• Build and maintain stellar relationships with film commissioners, brokers and studio counterparts
• Maintain domestic and international production tax incentive summaries
• Maintain incentive deliverables across all incentives
• Research and manage state and international reports and economic development studies
• Create organizational structure overviews/diagrams for finance, tax, legal and production departments
• Act as liaison with US and international film commissioners
• Work closely with production executives and Warner Media units to develop and promote marketing opportunities for various jurisdictions
• Work closely to with SVP to develop communications across the physical production department to help support pre-production planning of HBO/HBO Max content
• Work closely with SVP to support HBO/HBO Max productions to enhance government relations in all states and countries where we are filming HBO/HBO Max content
• Maintain database of all film and TV incentives worldwide
• Maintain database of sound stages and retrofitted warehouses for film and TV production worldwide.
• Work to support our productions on a region-by-region basis for to find available stages for upcoming productions
• Maintain database of production service companies for film and TV production worldwide.
• Must be able to independently meet with high level corporate and government personnel.
• Ability to meet and discuss production issues with producers, production executives and creative talent will be an important aspect to the success of this job.
• Corporate network or studio production experience and knowledge of all aspects of production, from pre-production through post-production and delivery, is highly desired
• Must be detail-oriented and able to efficiently multi-task.
• Entertainment industry, television or related production knowledge and experience is a must. Knowledge of standard office equipment, PC software and production software.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Position requires a team player in a service department of the organization.
• Must be organized, resourceful and able to work independently; detail oriented; flexible; ability to develop creative solutions.
• Other key qualities include ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of show personnel and company personnel in a professional manner, in person, on the telephone and using written correspondence.
• Bachelor's Degree is preferred
• International experience, Finance and accounting awareness and background would be beneficial
• High degree of self-motivation and focus
• A minimum of 10 to 15 years of combined film and TV production and corporate experience will be very helpful
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $82,600.00 - $153,400.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
$82,600.00 - 153,400.00 per year