Manager, Production Engineering
HBONew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/26/2021 2:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Production Engineering jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Production Engineering postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Production Engineering? The Manager of Engineering will manage and coach a highly skilled technical staff developing, delivering and managing end-to-end solutions for our customers. Is responsible for staying current on rapidly changing technologies, as well as mentoring and developing talent within the group. Provides situational and developmental leadership, direction and coaching of all engineering personnel and is accountable for the performance of individuals and the team. Has global insight of news, entertainment and technology.
The Manager is an experienced individual contributor that will oversee the design, build, budget, pricing, and enhancing of end user technologies. Manages the resolution of service problems escalated to the team in addition to the deployment, testing and implementation of systems that meet specifications set by Architects, Leads and/or team. Sets ''vision'' of localized projects, leading team toward their completion.
Successful delivery of enterprise-wide post-production support requires one to foster a collaborative working relationship with key stakeholders and in partnership with subject matter experts across cities to meet the needs of a large base of customers. A willingness to perform varied tasks, adapt to changing priorities and strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
The ability to scope, review and determine a budget for projects, and following the project management process is required. Responsibilities also include managing budgets, external service providers and vendors, assisting with pricing strategy and managing customer relationships with divisional partners.
The Manager of Engineering frequently work with:
ITBC's to elicit customer requirements for localized projects;
Lead System Engineers across the organization to help bridge localized customer requirements to enterprise technology initiatives.
Production Engineering & Customer Managers to remediate issues stemming from systems and process inefficiencies and faults.
WarnerMedia Leadership, Business Partners and External Service Provides and Vendors to understand the business outcomes of services and underlying technologies.
Adherence to the ITSM Service Management process in planning and managing changes to minimize impact in a critical 24x7x365 environment is required. Customer supported areas include post-production workflows for all WarnerMedia brands.
• Manage staffing resources & workload, balancing project work with service support in a tiered ITSM support structure.
• Manage 'lite' localized projects, utilizing localized team resources.
• Keep abreast of industry and WarnerMedia trends and initiatives.
• Survey & evaluate emerging technologies & processes.
• Partner with engineering leads, networking and security teams to develop, test and implement solutions that transform and move media
• Provide leadership in support of organizational direction and culture.
• Mentor, guide, develop, coach, and support employee growth.
• Manage employee performance or discipline issues; make recommendations for compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion, or other personnel decisions.
• Facilitate collaboration across all disciplines (e.g., call center, broadcast engineering teams, server and network administration) and projects and assist teams with resolution of issues.
• Review planning decisions related to budget and equipment needs and constraints for projects.
• Understand the long-term planning implications of the project and follow the project management process.
• Provide research, documentation, capital forecast and coordinate staffing resources to ensure projects are completed on-time.
• Document quality standards, system anomalies, operational procedures, reference materials, and project work.
• Participate in the creation or revision of quality standards, department procedures, and project plans.
• Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
• Manage and track department asset.
• BS in Computer Science, Film, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience.
• 7 years of experience in one of the following: Design, Operating, or Supporting media workflow systems in an enterprise media company
• 7 years' experience in digital video technologies or system integration in a localized and/or enterprise media company.
• 1-2 years' experience automating tasks in at least one complex scripting language
• 1-2 years' experience mentoring and leading a team
• Systems mastery in 5 of the following areas:
• File Acquisition, Video Compression & Codecs, Video Formats (HD, UHD, 4K, HDR), A/V Routing, Operating Systems (Mac, Windows, Linux), Editing/PostAudio/Graphics (Avid, Adobe, Resolve, C4D), Storage (Open Drive, Avid, SpectraLogic, Pure), Networking, Complex Scripting Languages, Media Asset Management, File Transcode & Transfer
• Advanced at reading and translating data, process and business models to solve problems
• Strong communication skills, including written/drawn documentation and verbal interactions with customers, vendors and management
• Demonstrated self-starter that can work independently with the ability to balance multiple competing demands
• Proven excellent analytical thinking skills, esp. in the realm of complex system troubleshooting and translating data to solve problems
• Willing to support an on-call staff within a 24x7 production environment
• Experience delegating and tracking work assignments
• Experience facilitating and leading meetings with customers and peers
• Proven ability to think and plan strategically
Nice to Haves
• Familiarity with ITSM Service Management processes including incident, change, problem and service request
• Microsoft Cloud Administrator or Practitioner
• AWS Cloud Administrator or Practitioner
• Back End Coding (Java, Python, Ruby)
• ITIL Practitioner or Expert
• Project Management Institute (PMI) certification
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.