Manager Of Production Finance
HBOCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Location: Culver City, California, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Manager of Production Finance for the HBO West Coast Finance department.
This position is primarily responsible for managing domestic and international HBO/MAX/Tuner In-House, PSA, & License Fee projects (series, mini-series, unscripted, docs/specials) from initial setup through delivery and final cost report.
• Candidate should have a strong accounting, production accounting, and finance background in order to: hire and oversee project production accountants, ensure compliance with internal control policies and procedures, ensure integrity of cost reporting process, review production budgets and production structures and financial incentives, and to ensure compliance with financial regulations and laws.
• Position is responsible for the review and reporting of estimated final cost and cash flow estimates to Corporate Finance.
• Position works closely with HBO Legal, Production, and Business Affairs as well as WarnerMedia Tax Departments and outside consultants.
• Individual will work with in-house staff accountants whose duties include ensuring project accountant's compliance with internal controls, GL reconciliations, production funding, corporate reporting, and overseeing guild and union audits.
• Be involved in Department and special projects.
• Be involved in Department's Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
• Be involved in supporting Production Accounting digital systems and accounting software.
• Contribute to and assist in updating Department processes and internal control policies and procedures.
• Be proactive in recognizing factors that may impact businesses operations, identify options and make recommendations.
• Work with other HBO departments to foster collaboration and further the business.
• Seven years related business experience.
• Production accounting experience and/or physical production experience required.
• Experience with industry standard digital systems/software. (MS Office Suite, MovieMagic, EP Smart Accounting, C&C PSL)
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
• Strong accounting and finance business experience.
• Strong leadership, teamwork, critical thinking and communication skills.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.