Manager, Finance & Planning - HBO HBO Max
HBOCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Location: Culver City, California, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
HBO + HBO Max Finance & Planning team is looking for a Manager to help with our series programming cost modeling, deal analysis and long-range planning and analytics of In-House Productions and Co-Productions / Licensing projects for HBO + HBO Max Originals.
The Manager will work cross-functionally between Finance, Production, Business Affairs and Senior Management to provide traditional finance support related to, but not limited to, financial modeling, reporting, analytics, intelligence and presentation deck building
• Build and manage season-over-season financial models analyzing production spend; critical component fueling key deal analyses on HBO + HBO Max slate spend
• Lead in publishing weekly finance tracking reports for senior management
• Actively participate in the HBO + HBO Max Originals Long Range Plan process. Lead in the creation of new data analytics, intelligence and dashboards
• Run ATL scenarios for Business Affairs and set series financial targets for Production
• Ad hoc Strategy and Planning analyses and presentations analyzing of key business drivers, industry trends and key performance indicators
• Support the Finance & Planning Team in various business development and deal analysis exercises as needed
• Exhibit and maintain strong knowledge of industry trends and practices to identify opportunities, risks, etc.
• BS/ BA degree in Finance, MBA a plus
• 5+ years finance experience required
• Strong preference given to candidates with TV production deal analysis and greenlight experience
• Experience in business development/strategy
• Experience in financial planning and or budgeting
• Proficient in Excel and Financial modeling
• Experience in PowerPoint deck building and composing whitepapers
• Experience with Business Analytics tools (Power BI, Tableau) a plus
• Experience with an ERP system (IBM TM1 Cognos, Oracle/Hyperion, SAP) a plus
• Strong time-management skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast, deadline-driven environment
• Strong organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of finance, operations and senior management
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.