Manager, Corporate Communications
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 10:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Corporate Communications jobs in Miami-FL
Search all Manager, Corporate Communications postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Corporate Communications? WarnerMedia seeks a Manager, Corporate Communications for the Communications-News department. Creates and manages implementation of strategic communications programs across multiple markets designed to build and strengthen the HBO brand and the organization's role and reputation as a leader and trusted positioning in the region. Designs and implements plans/programs and policies, and provides quality control for communications programs, media activities, social media activities and special events to drive consumer engagement, ratings and subscription sales. Forges and maintains relationships with internal and external teams to maximize impact and ensure consistency and efficiency across campaigns. Responsible for Talent Management. Responsible for the planning and submission/nominations process of HBO Latin America's local original programming in the best and most renown regional and international awards and festivals.
• Develops and manages communications campaigns that support the HBO brand across the region's markets. This includes, but is not limited to, the development and coordination of specific plans, consumer & press events, materials, editorial content, ensuring the brand positioning and brand voice are aligned cross-departmentally and among external audiences.
• Develops and manages communications campaigns that support specific HBO programming (both original US/LATAM and acquired) across the region's markets. This includes, but is not limited to, the development and coordination of launches, press events (junkets, screenings), news materials (i.e. press releases, editor's notes), editorial pitches and editorial content.
• Manages and coordinates talent availability and talent participation in programming and brand related events, ensuring participation in all possible brand/press opportunities. This includes supervision of agendas, press opportunities for each talent, and ensuring they are well-briefed for each and every event, following the HBO Latin America Talent PR Manual.
• Manages and is responsible for the full submission, nomination and award processes for original local programming in regional and international Awards and Festivals, when appropriate.
• Builds and maintains relationships with key media and opinion leaders to generate positive perception of the brand's initiatives.
• Direct regional HBO staff and agencies in the research, development and coordination of brand and specific programming initiatives through the development of communications materials for external audiences. Oversees Editorial Board process and storytelling efforts.
• Develops and implements program publicity and brand campaigns to build and differentiate the HBO brand in the Caribbean markets, promoting programming and brand events.
• Builds and maintains constructive relationships and collaborates with teams across HBO LA departments (e.g., Affiliate Sales, New Media, Research, Original Productions, Consumer Marketing, and Affiliate Marketing) and regional offices, as well as other international HBO offices (e.g., HBO NY, London) in order to maximize impact and efficiency, ensuring consistency in integrated communication campaigns and special projects.
• Manages and monitors media coverage of the industry, brand and competition to ensure strategy and messaging are aligned to changes in market and flag any potential issues.
• Monitors activity and commentary in the region's markets on company brands and industry issues.
• Manages PR budget as it relates to specific initiatives and brand-related events. Negotiates with external vendors and drafts necessary contracts based on needs from each provider.
• Reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures and meets with staff to identify and resolve problems. Assesses and monitors workload, identifies opportunities for improvement and implements changes. Selects, trains, motivates, and evaluates personnel; provides or coordinates staff training; works with employees to correct deficiencies; may implement discipline and termination procedures.
• Bachelor in Communications, International Relations or related field
• Native level fluency in Spanish and English. Excellent written and verbal skills in both
• Minimum 5 years of experience in public relations or advertising agencies or a media vehicle such as TV, Radio or Internet
• Brand management
• Experience leading peers across markets and functions
• Knowledge of regional and local (Latin America) media
• Experience in the development and implementation of communications campaigns
• Experience with talent and event management
• Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Proactive, organized and good time-management skills
• Availability to travel 30% of the time
• Experience in the development and implementation of communications campaigns for the TV, Pay TV, Streaming and/or Film industries in Latin America.
• Fast learner
• PR agency work experience
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and work on several different projects at once.
• Fluency in Portuguese This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.