Manager Central FP&A
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Manager Central FP&A for the HBO General Inc.-Int'l & Dom Distribution Finance department. The Manager will be supporting the FP&A functions of WarnerMedia International financial activities, supporting the preparation and presentation of accurate, timely, and relevant financial reporting, planning, and analysis. This role will maintain financial consolidated overviews and facilitate the analytical deep dive on significant variances and relevant business matters. He/she will support the analysis of forecasts, budgets, long-range plans, and calculation of underlying key business drivers and the ultimate impact on the business unit. Responsibilities include preparation of financial reports, tracking initiatives, and summarizing major risks and opportunities. Good knowledge and understanding of the principles and theories of finance, accounting, and other related disciplines to plan, design, and conduct financial business analyses are critical for this role.
This role reports directly to the WarnerMedia International Networks Director.
• Update, maintain, and enhance innovative analyses to measure financial and operational performance.
• Leverage existing tools, and implement new ones, to timely produce value-added and pertinent information to support management decision-making.
• Manage the financial analyses related to strategic business plans and other ad hoc initiatives, through the development of detailed financial and operating models. Review and summarize outcomes to ensure issues are accurately reported and business matters are clearly identified, on a timely basis.
• Partner with the regional finance teams and other business partners to activate new analysis streams, relevant consolidated overview, track relevant business KPI's, early detect variances and business trends through the detailed review of the regional finance submissions of budgets, long-term plans, with the aim to gain insights into overall financial strategies.
• Routinely perform analytical reviews of territory monthly deliverables to identify potential issues and business trends including monthly variance analyses. Ensure the accuracy, consistency of all information reported in the P&L, variances, and roll forward schedules.
• Support preparation of executive presentations and reporting schedules to ensure they reflect current management and territory requirements.
• Analyze complex reports that are produced on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis using various applications (e.g. Excel, Hyperion), connect evidence, and summarize relevant outcome information.
• Assist in the design and implementation of analytical models for monthly forecasting and actual results review incorporating Warner Brothers International activities.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Solid accounting and forecasting experience
• Advanced analytical skills, and strong technical accounting skills supported by proficiency in all MS Office applications, especially advanced user of Excel and ESSBASE/Hyperion applications
• Advanced analytical and technical skills, a solid understanding of technical accounting matters and finance processes.
• Solid written, oral, and presentation skills; able to effectively interact remotely and with a high degree of professionalism, marked collaborative approach.
• Highly organized with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and work with tight deadlines
• Strong problem-solving skills, highly results-oriented with an ability to pursue goals within a matrix organization, timely deliver high-quality services.
The Nice to Haves
• Master's degree or CPA
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.