Manager, Business & Strategic Planning
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Join us. Shape your story here.
The WBTV Business & Strategic Planning group is looking for a Manager to join its unique, high-impact team, responsible for overseeing the Studio's industry-leading scripted and non-scripted TV production portfolio.
Sitting at the intersection of Business Planning, Strategy, and Deal Analysis, this role will lend critical support across a dynamic variety of workstreams, including: synthesizing P&L and Cash forecasts to highlight trends and analyzing causes of change, reviewing monthly production assumptions (including series-by-series budgets), reporting and modeling slate ultimates and series-by-series profitability, developing KPIs, metrics, and dashboards to provide business unit leadership with digestible and actionable insights on key operational and financial metrics, and conducting ad hoc analyses on issues pertaining to TV business strategy (including evaluating business development opportunities, supporting key talent deals, etc.).
This position will report into the Executive Director and interact directly with the VP and CFO on crucial projects.
• Review and analyze monthly and quarterly actuals and forecast/budget reports, investigate variances with corporate FP&A and TV divisions. Prepare and present analytics and management reports reflecting updated financials and cash to WBTV Group Leadership (SVP/CFO, VP, Executive Director) so that they can operationalize necessary tactics and strategies to meet financial targets
• Liaise closely with TV production finance teams to proactively track, report, and analyze production cost budget updates on series-by-series basis (across 100s of active shows)-fueling key deal analyses on slate profitability (executed by senior members of the team); critical component to pro-actively managing WBTV profitability on a series-by-series basis
• Ad hoc TV Strategy and Planning analyses (e.g. evaluating new producer overall deals, evaluating TV series profitability, etc.)
• Support the TV Business Strategy and Analysis Team in various business development exercises as needed (modeling cash flows for new business opportunities, potential acquisitions/sale of assets, etc.)
• Exhibit and maintain strong knowledge of industry trends and practices to identify opportunities, risks, etc.
• Minimum 3-5 years finance experience required
• Preferrable 5+ years
• BS/BA with background in finance
• MBA preferred but not required
• Industry experience preferred
• Experience in financial planning and or budgeting
• Proficient in Excel and Financial modeling
• Experience in Powerpoint and deck building
• Experience in business development/strategy
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.