HBOSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/10/2021 5:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Awards jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Manager, Awards postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Awards? Primary Responsibilities
Work with the Awards team on all phases of awards process from pre-entry through post-ceremony for approximately 80 awards per year of varying profiles (including but not limited to Oscars, Emmys, Golden Globes, SAG Awards, Peabodys, etc.) for all WarnerMedia Entertainment (HBO, HBO Max, TNT, TBS and truTV) programming with a primary focus on TNT, TBS and truTV.
The Manager role plans and executes all awards tactics for assigned programming including managing award entries, an annual operating budget, multiple and concurrent televised award ceremonies, FYC panels, FYC streaming site, voter eBlasts and direct mailings. The manager must be a time management pro, fluent in all award rules and regulations, and work well under pressure.
• Intelligently determine appropriate entries for assigned programming either independently or via collaboration with shows and internal departments, complete entry forms in accordance with eligibility requirements and check all entries for accuracy.
• Research, coordinate and execute FYC panels, screenings and event opportunities with various guilds, Award organizations, critics groups and industry trades and publications.
• Work with internal Design and Production department and outside award organizations to secure and coordinate ads, eBlasts and direct mailings promoting eligible programming.
• Act as point for assigned ceremonies' logistical preparation and execution; including sponsorships and ticketing.
• Manage an annual Awards operating budget; including the ability to build out accurate FYC project estimates, process invoices and record accruals.
• Research network and program award stats and work with the Awards team to accurately record all submissions, nominations and wins.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
• 3-5 years awards experience at a studio, network, agency or publicity or marketing firm is preferred.
• EXTREMELY organized, thorough and meticulously detail-oriented.
• Highly efficient and deadline-driven. Successful at multitasking and prioritizing an enormous volume of concurrent tasks and responsibilities.
• Self-motivated, reliable and able to work and think independently while being a solid team player.
• Quick yet thoughtful problem solving and follow through.
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
• Adaptable to ever-changing awards and programming landscapes.
• Calmly handles stress and various personalities with a positive attitude.
• Must be able to work holidays and weekends on a seasonal basis and as needed throughout the year. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.