HBOSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/19/2021 1:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Legal Assistant jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Legal Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Legal Assistant? HBO, the world's premiere premium entertainment service, seeks an exceptional Legal Assistant to provide outstanding support to a Senior Counsel and Director, Legal Affairs, West Coast Original Programming. The Senior Counsel and Director are part of a team handling a wide variety of legal matters related to the development and production of HBO's award-winning Original Series and Films. The successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively in a fast-paced, exciting entertainment environment with the department's attorneys, paralegals and assistants, colleagues across HBO and our productions, as well as talent representatives.
• Provide a professional, warm and resourceful telephone presence, placing, receiving and troubleshooting calls for direct supervisors
• Schedule and organize meetings, make travel arrangements, manage calendar and generally assist as required
• Prepare, proofread and redline legal documents, including drafting contracts and correspondence
• Maintain development, production and other legal digital files, and keep project filing current
• Follow-up on outstanding contracts, process and distribute documents and update reports
• Timely prepare and process expense reports, outside counsel bills, order supplies
• Provide backup support to other assistants within the department
• Miscellaneous departmental tasks
• Overtime may be required
• Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required and minimum 5 years in an entertainment law firm or studio or network legal or business affairs department
• Professional demeanor and ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality at all times
• Strong time management skills (proven abilities to prioritize tasks, multitask, meet deadlines, work independently, proactively and reliably)
• Ability to build and maintain business relationships and be calm and flexible under pressure and amidst changing priorities
• A fun, can-do, cheerful, collaborative attitude
• Tech-savvy individual, with extensive experience in all Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), AdobeSign, PDFs, scanning, etc.
• Effective organizational skills required, strong attention to detail, excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills and emotional intelligence are essential This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.