Summer Data Science Fellow
This was removed by the employer on 4/8/2019 11:29:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Data Science Fellow jobs in Boston-MA
Search all Summer Data Science Fellow postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Data Science Fellow? Summer Data Science Fellow (Boston)
WarnerMedia Applied Analytics
Warner Media Applied Analytics, based in Boston, sources and leverages emerging data to quantitatively model, predict, and influence consumer purchasing decisions in entertainment. As part of a leading global company, WarnerMedia Applied Analytics works with Turner, HBO and Warner Bros. in an environment of innovation, collaboration, and exciting and impactful applications for the entertainment industry.
This position is within the Applied Analytics Data Science Team, composed of researchers with backgrounds in the physical, social, and computational sciences. We build novel statistical models, identify first-of-their-kind applications of machine learning methodologies, and design scientifically rigorous surveys and experiments. We enable remarkable inferences and predictions about consumers and markets in the entertainment industry.
What will you be doing?
• Collaborate with a diverse team of quantitative researchers, software developers, and business strategists to advance Warner Media's content development and positioning across entertainment
• Put data science principles into practice to solve real-world problems
• Learn, apply, and extend models and code from our team's toolkit of statistical and analytical methodologies
• Develop communication skills for engaging both domain experts and non-technical stakeholders
• Exposure to a fast-paced business environment in a dynamic industry
• Opportunity to work on a portfolio of projects tailored to the Co-op student's interests
• Potential for academic publication or conference participation
What do we need from you?
• Student pursing a degree in statistics, computational/data science, the physical sciences, the quantitative social sciences, or related fields
• Students pursuing work touching on one of these specializations are preferred:
• Neural Networks for video or audio understanding
• Hierarchical Bayesian modeling
• Recommendation engines
• Sequence or time-series modeling
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.