HR Coordinator - Cartoon Network Studios
Cartoon NetworkBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won't you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
The HR Coordinator will focus on providing support to Cartoon Network Studios in Burbank, CA. They will be responsible for assisting in onboarding, offboarding and act as a main point of contact and support to employees for various inquiries.
This position offers:
• A community work environment, supporting artists/clients in animation and creative thinking
• A reporting structure that allows you to work with multiple groups
• A wide degree of value added thinking and on the spot problem solving
• Opportunity to grow and develop your knowledge base
What will you be doing?
• Conducting regular standing weekly new hire orientations.
• Responds accordingly to employee inquiries.
• Handles all paperwork of onboarding new staff, as well as, weekly offboarding staff.
• The Coordinator will be responsible for regularly maintaining the training compliance records on active union staff, performing data audits to ensure data is accurate, researching any issues and troubleshooting accordingly.
• The Coordinator will partner closely with other departments within the studio, as necessary, such as Finance/Payroll, Operations, IT, Production and/or any external departments at Corporate, as needed.
• When appropriate, will support studio-wide employee events by working on logistics, generating ideas, coordination, etc.
• Manage the Studio's year-round internship program including full-cycle recruiting, coordinating intern events and workshops, etc
• Manage heavy filing of paperwork, ensuring the flow of LOA forms, Worker's Comp claims, Unemployment Claims, etc.
• Takes on smaller scope projects, and ad-hoc reporting and/or requests, as needed basis.
• Learning the ins and outs of the Collective Bargaining Agreement as it pertains to the animation industry and supports the administration of studio practices and processes.
• Process final checks; Prepare exit interview packets; Schedule exit with BP's.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining CONCERT.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining email distro list.
• Will work with IT.
What do we require from you?
• 2 years' experience within HR or related customer service focused role - Bachelor's Degree
• Must be organized and be able to thrive and deliver in a fast-paced, highly energetic, and nimble environment
• Must be flexible and able to multi-task, switch gears easily
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of entertainment industry a plus
• Knowledge of Union practices a plus
• Must be Tech Savvy!
• Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Photoshop experience a plus.
But wait, there's more!
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.