Hoh Social Programmer I
Full Time Job
Location: Remote, New York, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Bleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company.
Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
House of Highlights is a key part of the Bleacher Report/Turner Sports portfolio, representing one of the most influential media brands for the Gen-Z audience. With over 60 Million followers, HoH is the heartbeat of the Gen Z sports fan, who gravitate to the brand because of its authentic voice which remains celebratory, relatable and inclusive. Everything HoH does -- from the original content we create, to our collaborations with leagues, creators and brands, to the viral clips we curate from across the world -- aligns with these 3 core brand pillars, and it has created a connection with fans that feels more like a close friend than an inaccessible brand or publisher.
House of Highlights is seeking a Social Programmer I who will work to curate content from multiple sources to post on our social accounts, with a primary focus on IG, TikTok and YouTube. The Social Programmer I will primarily be responsible for surfacing, curating, packaging and distributing various types of social content, including captions.
An ideal candidate would be described as someone that is a fast learner, hustles like crazy, has ideas and isn't afraid to share them or push the HoH voice in new exciting directions. Experience operating successful IG/TKT/YT accounts is huge, in addition to demonstrated success in sports social
• Contribute to the daily programming of HoH social channels – discover and curate social content that aligns with the House of Highlight brand pillars and engages with the Gen Z audience
• Cover full slates of NBA game schedule, covering multiple games at once to find standout content
• Engage from HoH handle across platforms to develop community and engagement
• Be a master of finding UGC and new content first
• Think creatively about new opportunities to create more of what we curate – identify emerging formats and packaging tactics that can help HoH grow in differentiated ways
• Work closely with other programmers to check copy and properly distribute content
• Review the performance of distribution plans and provide meaningful feedback, both qualitative and quantitative
• Deep understanding of TikTok-native and IG-native content, trends and creators
• A strong understanding of House of Highlights' voice and brand
• Real passion for basketball culture and NBA Twitter
• Experience with social content discovery and an interest in emerging social platforms
• Willing to work night and weekend hours
• A strong understanding of House of Highlights' voice and brand
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $51,100.00 - $94,900.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.