Financial Analyst Central FP&A
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
The Financial Analyst will execute upon the daily activities supporting the FP&A functions for WarnerMedia International financial activities, including the preparation and presentation of accurate, timely and relevant financial reporting, planning and analysis. This role will serve as a business advisor by assisting in the review of consolidated forecasts, budgets, long-range plans and financial or business analyses that demonstrate the underlying key business drivers and the ultimate impact on the business unit. Responsibilities include reviewing financial reports, noting business drivers, tracking initiatives and identifying major risks and opportunities. Advanced knowledge and understanding of the principles and theories of finance, accounting, and other related disciplines to plan, design and conduct financial business analyses are critical for this role.
This role reports directly to the WarnerMedia International - Central FP&A Manager.
• Actively participate in the consolidation process and financial analyses related to strategic business plans and other ad hoc initiatives, through development of detailed financial and operating models. Ensure issues are resolved, and business matters are communicated, on a timely basis.
• Partner with the regional finance teams and other business partners to review integrated and cohesive budgets, long-term plans and forecasts and associated financial analysis in a timely manner. Gain insights into overall financial strategies and summarize finding in the preparation of monthly financial outlook schedules.
• Routinely perform analytical reviews of territory deliverables to identify issues and business trends including monthly variance analyses. Ensure the accuracy, relevance and integrity of all information reported in the P&L, variances and rollforward schedules.
• Develop and maintain reporting schedules and presentation decks to ensure they reflect current management and territory requirements.
• Develop innovative analyses that measure financial and operational performance. Develop and implement analytical tools and ensure that analyses add value by providing timely and pertinent information to support management decision making.
• Help facilitate the financial and management reporting function; review and validate the information in complex reports that are produced on a daily, weekly and/or monthly basis using various applications (e.g. Excel, Hyperion).
• Assist in the design and implementation of analyzing monthly forecasting and actual results incorporating Warner Brothers International activities.
• Responsible for assisting on FX impact analyses.
• Assist in the design and implementation of monthly forecasting processes for incorporating Warner Brothers International activities.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Master's degree or CPA preferred
• Minimum 3 years accounting and forecasting experience
• Advanced analytical skills, and strong technical accounting skills supported by proficiency in all MS Office applications and ESSBASE/Hyperion applications
• Strong written, oral and presentation skills; a confident communicator able to interact effectively at all levels of the organization and with a high degree of professionalism.
• Solid understanding of technical accounting matters and accounting and finance processes.
• Good problem resolution skills, strong organizational skills, and cross-functional collaboration skills.
• Results oriented with an ability to set clear goals and priorities and deliver timely, high quality services.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.