Fall Intern - Programming
HBOSanta Monica, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
HBO Programming is responsible for original series (i.e. GAME OF THRONES, WESTWORLD, GIRLS, VEEP), which have 6 or more episodes. Programming develops new potential series, from pitch to pilot, and simultaneously oversees the day to days of shows currently airing on HBO.
• Distributing and collecting mail daily
• Replenishing supplies (printer paper, staples, coffee, etc.)
• Sending daily Trades Reports with important/relevant industry news
• Preparing conference rooms for pitches
• Script Collating/Filing
• Script Coverage
• Draft Comparisons
• Coffee runs/walking errands
• Support Series department executives and assistants (In general, being available and proactive for any task)
• Desk coverage for assistants (phone rolling, scheduling, etc…)
• Preferably enrolled in a course of Film/Television study
• Basic PC skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, etc.)
• Independent, self-starter and motivated to learn
• Strong Writing and Communication Skills
• Knowledge of Industry
• Organized and proactive
• Script Coverage Experience preferred
Eligible students must be rising juniors or seniors enrolled in a degree granting university or college. A minimum 3.0 GPA. Able to work in the Los Angeles and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing). Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Prior entertainment internship experience a plus. Candidates must be available to work a minimum 15 hours a week. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.