Fall Intern - Production & Post Production
HBOSanta Monica, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
HBO's West Coast Production department produces all the original material shown on HBO in both the series, films/miniseries, and Cinemax divisions. Our interns experience the day to day activities of a cable network production and post production department and gain a great perspective of that market, the industry in general, and the jobs it offers.
• Assist Production and Post Production assistants in every-day tasks such as answering phones, taking messages, rolling calls with executives, and maintaining their calendars
• Order office supplies and general office maintenance
• Making copies of meeting materials and setting up rooms for meetings
• Maintain and create spreadsheets
• Perform research projects as needed
• Review music licenses
• File and organize current project documents and archive old ones
• Academics in TV/Film Production or Critical Studies, with an interest in pursuing a career in Production or Post Production
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize many responsibilities at once
• Ability to follow direction and work independently
• Attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Eligible students must be rising juniors or seniors enrolled in a degree granting university or college. A minimum 3.0 GPA. Able to work in Los Angeles and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing). Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Prior entertainment internship experience a plus. Candidates must be available to work a minimum 15 hours a week. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.