Fall Intern - HBO Films
HBOSanta Monica, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
HBO Films /Miniseries/Cinemax is responsible for the original Films , non-fiction Miniseries and Cinemax programming that airs on the services (i.e. DEADWOOD, CHERNOBYL, WARRIOR, etc.). Interns will function primarily as support to department assistants as well as be responsible for basic office maintenance.
• Replenishing supplies (printer paper, staples, etc.)
• Copying, scanning, filing, printer maintenance
• Assisting with research projects
• Food/Coffee/inter-office runs
• Support Films department executives and assistants and provide desk coverage, when needed
• Prepare conference rooms for departmental meetings
• Script analysis (beat sheets, comparisons, etc.)
• Preferably enrolled in a course of Film/Television study but not required
• Basic PC skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, etc.)
• Independent, self-starter, proactive and motivated to learn.
• Previous entertainment intern experience preferred
• Some previous work experience recommended (retail, office, volunteer, etc.)
• Ability to work in a team environment
Eligible students must be rising juniors or seniors enrolled in a degree granting university or college. A minimum 3.0 GPA. Able to work in Los Angeles and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing). Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Prior entertainment internship experience a plus. Candidates must be available to work a minimum 15 hours a week. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.