Fall Intern - Business Affairs Music Rights & Clearances
HBONew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
We are looking for someone with an interest in the legal and business side of television to assist our department with clearing the music, footage and photos used in HBO documentaries, Sports programming and promos. Projects will include new and older programming as well as document retention and keeping our database of rights current.
• Assist with the workings of our department including music, footage and photo clearances, a database transfer project and organizing license agreements to asses and disseminate rights to older programs.
• Normal familiarity with word, excel, etc.
• Research skills, archival, database and library skills would be a plus
• Metadata and database knowledge would be a plus as would an interest in contracts/license agreements
• Must be able to work 15 hours a week
• Must be a rising Junior or Senior
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
• Organized, good attention to detail, ability to think critically
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.