Fall Intern - Business Affairs Film Programming
HBONew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Assist the Film Programming team in all functions of the acquisition process for Major, Indie and Latino content (through HBO's established Output partners, Library and the growing Latino/Indie film-maker market).
The intern will have exposure to the Acquisition function, gaining insight as to which content is suitable for our platforms, develop writing skills to express film critique opinions thoughtfully and articulately, and study the ever-emerging eco-system of the SVOD/AVOD DTC landscape.
• Screen referenced content for possible acquisition
• Implement film meta-data (e.g. Box Office, Cast/Director, Synopsis, etc.)
• Participate in Content Advisories designations
• Operate Media Library tasks: film/title tracking and inventory reporting
• Special Ad-Hoc film projects
• Perform film distribution analyses (on both the technology & competitor fronts)
• Film/TV/Media related Major
• Moderate Excel/Word/PowerPoint abilities
• Passion and working knowledge of film
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
• Comfort / Awareness of film sites: (IMDB PRO, Box Office Mojo, Studio System, Variety, Hollywood Reporter, Deadline)
• Spanish speaking (desired but NOT required)
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.