Encoding Development Engineer
This was removed by the employer on 4/8/2021 6:54:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Encoding Development Engineer jobs in Remote-US
Search all Encoding Development Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Encoding Development Engineer? WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Home Box Office, Inc. seeks an Encoding Development Eng for the HBO General Inc.-BEST Media Supply Chain department. This position will be a member of Encoding Development Lab (EDL) team within the Media Supply Chain (MSC) department within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization. The EDL team is a global software engineering group based in New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, London, Buenos Aires responsible to build and maintain mission-critical applications, systems and workflows on a global scale through its Global Media Supply Chain (GMSC) in support of WarnerMedia's Direct-To-Consumer platform HBO Max and its Linear & On Demand MVPD Affiliates, Electronic Sell Through and Home Entertainment services.
Media Supply Chain (MSC) is tasked to architect, engineer, and program manage a wide range of applications, workflows and services for our internal partners who operationally manage and distribute WarnerMedia content globally. Our applications and technology solutions are responsible for rights management, scheduling, image & asset metadata management, content processing and delivery as well as content mastering, localization and archive/preservation. We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia's innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences to ensure the best consumer experience.
The Encoding Development Engineer is an individual contributor who works alongside other EDL engineers within the Encoding Development Lab (EDL), all EDL engineers work closely with the Media Supply Chain's Media Software Engineering (MSE) and Media Workflow teams. He/she will be responsible for media transcoding development and support for a wide variety of platforms including consumer and professional platforms on-prem and in the cloud. He/she should have a strong understanding of video compression/codecs/quality. Understanding of streaming technologies such as DASH/HLS is a plus but not a requirement.
He/she will be tasked with the design of systems composed of server and cloud solutions to provide robust transcoding application platforms. Use current industry standards and techniques to develop audio, video, caption and subtitle content for contribution, consumer and commercial platforms. Configure and test video encoding systems to obtain best quality (golden eye). Operate appliance consoles and/or general scripting languages to configure, monitor and troubleshoot transcoding system resources. Investigate new transcoding frameworks and technologies. Research and recommend encoding tools for new video profiles and devices.
• Design of transcode systems composed of on-prem and cloud solutions.
• Evaluate, measure, and quantify video quality objectively and subjectively.
• Develop audio, video, caption and subtitle content for contribution, consumer, and commercial platforms.
• Create basic scripts for Proof of Concept workflows.
• Perform validation of new and existing transcoding profiles for deployment to production environment.
• Investigate new transcoding frameworks and technologies.
• Operate appliance consoles and/or general scripting languages to configure, monitor and troubleshoot transcoding system resources.
• Document new and existing transcoding infrastructure/workflow/profiles.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or computer science discipline.
• Candidate must have 6 years' experience in video encoding or media development.
• Strong understanding over various audio and video containers/codecs used in professional and consumer environments (E.g. IMF, MXF, AS02, MP4, TS containers. J2K, ProRes, MP2, H264 video codecs. ATMOS, Dolby E, AAC, AC3, EC3 audio codecs)
• Knowledge of AWS and general cloud service technology.
• Experience working with media analysis tools such as Interra Baton, Interra Vega, Msight or other such applications.
• Ability to work autonomously with workflow, networking, storage and encoding teams to develop systems which satisfy workflow requirements.
• Must have strong background with audio and video transcoding process.
• Must be methodical and have good debugging skills to address media issues.
• Must possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.