Director, Distribution Tech Ops
Full Time Job
Location: United Kingdom - Manchester, United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
This position will demonstrate subject matter expertise in the areas of content distribution technology & operations, satellite transmission and reception, IP/ASI/SDI video delivery operations via fiber & internet, playout technology, vendor & service management, analog and digital signaling, affiliate reception architectures and processing, DRM and encryption operations, and five 9s uptime in a global 24/7 environment.
• Own the operational oversight of all contribution (B2B) and distribution (DTH) linear feeds 24/7.
• Own the technical operations relationship with global affiliates, service providers, vendors, and internal business teams, ensuring alignment with Tech Ops and company strategy. Consult on the early planning, onboarding and support of new customers/affiliates to our distribution services. Act as a gateway between our customers, service providers, transport providers, internal teams (Legal, Ops, Engineering, Commercial, Finance, etc.) and technology suppliers throughout projects, new business, and fault scenarios.
• Continually evaluate existing global linear operations for efficiencies, ensuring contractual obligations and financial targets are met. Collaborate with Procurement, Engineering/Technology, Operations, and Sales to manage the vetting and deployment of core international playout and broadcast services from 3rd Party service providers. Manage global transmission and monitoring vendors to guarantee that all WM partners are properly supported and serviced, including adherence to uptime and SLA targets, setting, monitoring, and enforcing tangible KPIs on all services.
• Maintain a solid understanding of technological advancements within the industry, allowing deep dive technical and operational discussions, ensuring our outsourced services are efficient and futureproof. Consult with senior leadership and Engineering teams on global distribution technology strategy, ensuring the DTO group is well represented and informed regarding new technology and associated operational support.
• Provide operational oversight of our IP cloud platform along with international distribution-related projects or changes.
• Act as an escalation point for internal teams and external customers in the event of service-impacting faults.
• Bachelor's degree or 10 years' experience in a broadcast operations/technology support role/environment
• 4-year degree
• Technical/vendor certifications
• PMP a plus
• Multilingual a plus
• Subject matter expertise in linear television: satellite, fiber, IP distribution, analog and digital signaling
• Desirable to have a good understanding of workflows for both linear and VOD delivery, and ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions to restore services for affiliates and or troubleshoot issues.
• Excellent project management skills
• Self-starter and individual achiever, but works well among cross-functional teams
• Managerial presence with excellent oral and written skills
• Experience in 24/7 365 support
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.