Community Programmer I, B / R
Bleacher ReportNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/10/2023 11:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Community Programmer I, B / R jobs in New York-NY
Search all Community Programmer I, B / R postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Bleacher Report, a Warner Bros. Discovery company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
Your New Role...
The Community Programmer I is responsible for elevating, identifying and inspiring the voices of Bleacher Report's mobile app community. They are tasked with helping to maintain the overall health of our communal presence, through hundreds of team, league and interest audiences. They also play a heavy role in supporting our Community Captains, which is a superuser program that shapes our app audience's conduct. If you're a self-starter who enjoys interacting with people, have a passion for sports and an interest in building something, this is the role for you.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Create & program content that helps spotlight the voices of B/R app's users.
• Assist in supporting remote moderators with ongoing community-related needs and feedback.
• Help shape moderation and community guidelines to improve our ecosystem.
• Execute plans and initiatives around tentpole events throughout the sports calendar.
• Elevate the voice and tone of communities across all sports by engaging directly with community leaders and contributors.
• Build, scale and curate communities within the B/R app.
• Passionate sports fan, 1-3 years of professional experience preferred.
• Has strong knowledge of using Discord, Reddit or other community-building platforms to grow and lead a large audience.
• Understands moderation and its critical role as a component in a healthy online community.
• Can build rich relationships with our most loyal users to garner perspective and feedback.
• Ability to conceptualize, develop and execute community-driven activations among members.
• Help cross-functional teams understand the value of community and can assist various departments in collaborative endeavors.
• Hyper-organized individual with creative mentality and great multi-tasking skills.
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• College degree in applicable field preferred (Communications, Journalism, User Research, Marketing, etc).
• Expert knowledge of multiple sports is a plus.
• Ability to work nights and weekends.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $51,100.00 - $94,900.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.