HBOCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Location: Culver City, California, United States of America
HBO is looking for a Colorist of Post Production Services & Restoration. The candidate will have a strong understanding of the post-production process and be able to use their skills and experience with non-linear editing software to bring a restoration project to its final form. This involves working closely with the Senior Colorist to ensure that the restored footage is of the highest quality and meets the project's creative vision. Finally, the ideal candidate must be committed to quality and have a passion for new technologies.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Picture finishing, this includes Reviewing and organizing restored film footage, color correction, and picture media management for internal projects as well as archival restorations.
• Incorporating any additional elements such as sound, visual effects, or graphics as needed
• Ensuring that the final product meets technical and formatting requirements for distribution or screening
• Maintaining accurate records of the process and any changes made to the footage to create a new digital archive
• Run final review sessions with in-house executives, outside post-production staff and show runners
• Undergraduate degree in Media Arts or similar field
• Applicants should have a minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
• Familiarity with non-linear editing software such as Avid, DaVinci Resolve, or Baselight.
• The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, as well as a passion for film and film restoration.
• An understanding of restoration best practices and techniques
• Experience with Dolby Vision / HDR workflows
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $52,503.00 - $97,506.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.