Assistant Video Engineer
Full Time Job
Assistant Video Engineer (Temporary)
Location: Remote, New York, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Bleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company.
Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
About the Role
The Assistant Video Engineer position is an integral role that will support our remote production and engineering teams to accomplish audio/visual tasks for remote and events based production. This is a temporary position that will work roughly 16-24 hours per week and will scale up around remote production events.
• Responsible for understanding wiring and functionality of all remote based ENG equipment including SONY ENG Cameras, Cell Phones utilized for live video capture, AV Laptop kits for remote contributors, Transmission/Cellular bonding devices for remote productions, and audio IFB/ PL workflows at site.
• Works closely with remote technical operations and studio technical operations groups to develop efficient AV/Engineering workflow processes for remi-style technical productions.
• Troubleshoots/Maintenance of technical equipment utilized to support remote technology workflows such as LiveU Packs and Haivision Encoders/Decoders, RTS or Unity Comms panels, and Cradlepoint routers.
• Works with Senior Video Engineers to service Engineering needs of specific remote productions and collaborates to develop a sound engineering plan for remote productions.
• 1-3 years of AV Technology experience working in both a studio and live events production. Experience working in a control room/ remote production setting is essential
• Junior level of engineering skills and abilities in the use of video production equipment and technology.
• Experience working with microphones, IFB communication and audio mixing consoles.
• Demonstrates ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently, and manage simultaneous projects. Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of video/audio cabling fabrication is a plus.
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitles to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.