Assistant, Talent Relations
HBOCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Location: Culver City, California, United States of America
Talent Relations is responsible for building community and establishing the talent experience for HBO, Max, and Magnolia producers, actors, and on-air talent. The team acts as a liaison between the company and its most valued asset, its talent. This team seeks to build and strengthen relationships via talent dinners, wrap parties, various cast appreciation tactics, set visits, festivals, premieres, awards campaigns, and gifting. The team also partners with all Warner Bros. Discovery divisions to promote and engage with talent for large-scale corporate initiatives, guiding and weighing in on when, for what, and who should be utilized to achieve company goals.
The TR Assistant reports to the Vice President, Talent Relations in Los Angeles and works with the east coast and west coast talent relations team.
• Support for the bi-coastal Talent Relations team including maintaining and updating databases (such as talent birthdays, series start of production calendars, milestone dates, comedy special tape dates/premieres, contact sheets, etc.), and assignment charts.
• Create a comprehensive monthly talent birthday grid and distribute to the team for review, then draft talent birthday cards for team as needed.
• Assist with arranging travel and the creation of comprehensive talent itineraries that may include air, hotel, cars, hair & makeup timing, and event details for events including, but not limted to Upfronts, Comic Con, festivals, conventions, FYCs, award shows, and premieres as well as help with maintaining RSVP lists for these events.
• Onsite event coverage, assisting with talent arrivals and departures, ticket distribution, and other talent needs at premieres, award shows, festivals, conventions, wrap parties, talent dinners and other events. Expected to work some nights and weekends.
• Regularly maintain knowledge/relationships with new restaurants, hotels, venues, vendors and latest gifting trends that can be used to enhance talent experience.
• Liaise with the Media Relations, Events, and Awards teams across HBO, Max, and Magnolia.
• Aid in the research, organization, purchasing, and delivery of talent gifts for all occasions including life moments (birthday, milestone, thank you, promotion, baby, sympathy), awards/honors, Start + Wrap of Production, and industry gifts. Assist with collecting talent information for corporate holiday gifts as well as for any promotional gifts.
• Assist with department intern as needed.
• Additional responsibilities include updating budget trackers, submitting invoices, processing payments, reconciling AmEx bill, and setting up independent contractors and companies as vendors.
• Light administrative support for the department Vice President including managing calendars and submitting expense reports.
• A minimum of 1 year of work-related experience; publicity/agency/studio/network experience desired.
• Must be a diligent, detail-oriented worker who is efficient, a creative problem-solver, and not afraid to ask questions.
• A positive personality that appreciates a challenge and can work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be a self-starter that enjoys working collaboratively.
• Always professional and always maintains composure, particularly in stressful situations and around high profile personalities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work some nights and weekends.
• Proficiency in Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint + OneDrive, and Google Suite.
• Event experience is a plus.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $38,497.00 - $71,494.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
$38,497.00 - 71,494.00 per year