Assistant Merchandiser - Warner Bros. Studio Tour - The Making Of Harry Potter
This was removed by the employer on 9/20/2022 5:06:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Assistant Merchandiser - Warner Bros. Studio Tour - The Making Of Harry Potter jobs in Leavesden-UK
Search all Assistant Merchandiser - Warner Bros. Studio Tour - The Making Of Harry Potter postings
Full Time Job
Location: Leavesden, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Our studios are considered one of the foremost motion picture and television production and post-production facilities in the world. They inform, engage, and transport audiences to new worlds. The key to that lies with our Studio Operations group, which includes areas like soundstage/backlot set rentals, events, design, culinary, construction, landscaping and much more. Whether it's hosting an unforgettable studio tour, creating an optimal workspace, or equipping talent to tell the best stories, these teams lay the foundation for the memorable experiences we provide.
In this role you will join our Merchandising team with the goal of maximising sales and margin through effective management of stock. Your role will be to drive the business forward through strategy, insight, planning and reviewing product as well as store performance.
What's in it for you?
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days holiday (pro-rata)
• GymPass or free access to our on-site gym
• Exclusive access to our Screeners App, with our exciting Warner Bros. and HBO content
• Staff discounts on Studio Tour tickets, retail, food and beverage
• Access to Friends and Family events
• Free on-site staff car parking
• Complimentary staff shuttle bus between Watford Junction and our Studio Tour
• On-site staff Studio Café
• Option to join our pension and private healthcare schemes
• Support the planning and development of merchandising strategies that balance customers' expectations and our business objectives, predominantly for the upcoming Studio Tour in Japan, opening May 2023.
• Review and monitor key line flows, updating the business on true uplifts per product type, tracking goods into the business to ensure they are delivered on time.
• Support the Merchandising Team with analysis of sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs and plan product ranges/stock. sales information as well as range meetings.
• Deliver weekly trade & sales figures and review each product line with the head of department to action findings.
• Collaborate with Warner Bros.' Buying, Design & Compliance teams, joining weekly meetings with the Buying team to update on critical path and deliveries.
• Proactively keep aware of market trends.
• Work with suppliers and distributors to negotiate quantities and time-scales through analysing lead times and shipping routes on all stock planning from both international and domestic suppliers.
• Support with the forecasting and planning of intake across all stores and businesses in the Tours & Retail group, ensuring availability targets are met and exceeded.
• Manage weekly intake plans and open to buy for all products, maintaining accurate purchase orders.
• Take responsibility for setting, inputting and monitoring stock levels on systems for all store locations.
• Partner with head of department and WB logistics to maintain our freight forwarder relationships, ensuring we are bringing goods into the businesses in the most cost-effective way, whilst helping and monitoring duty codes.
• Communicate with our warehouse and ecommerce teams, to discuss issues with purchase orders, out-of-stocks, delivery issues, supplier performance and ways to improve merchandising actions to support warehouse operations.
• Assist in the training and development as well as general support of the Merchandising Assistants.
• Significant experience of working within a similar role at a fast-paced retailer
• A proactive approach to problem solving with a highly analytical approach
• Advanced level of Excel
• Sound commercial acumen and a genuine interest in the retail market
• Proven communication skills with the ability to maintain excellent working relationships.
Nice To Haves
• • SAP experience desirable but not essential
Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden (WBSL) is a purpose built, state-of-the-art film and television studio offering one of the largest facilities in the UK. This 200-acre secure site has a half a million square feet of stage space, a back-lot tank, one of the largest heated underwater filming tanks in Europe and a 100 acre back-lot. It also owns Set-Lighting and Rigging - a rentals division, WB De Lane Lea - a post-production facility and Leavesden Park - a contemporary office complex. It is the only Hollywood owned studio of its calibre to be operated in the UK.
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter is the only place in the world to showcase the authentic sets, props and behind-the-scenes secrets of the Harry Potter films at the location where they were made. It has attracted over 14 million visitors since opening in 2012 and has received over 40,000 reviews on TripAdvisor with 96% rating the experience as 'excellent' or 'very good'. Since launching, additions to the Tour include Platform 9 ¾ featuring the original Hogwarts Express, the Forbidden Forest and Gringotts Wizarding Bank. The Tour group plans future expansion with a walking and photographic Tour in London, and a replication of our world-famous Tour in Japan in 2023.
In December 2018 WBSL acquired the Platform 9 ¾ group which sells Wizarding World merchandise, souvenirs, and collectibles. It includes shops at Kings Cross Station, Heathrow, and Gatwick, as well as stores at The Cursed Child theatre productions in London, New York and other international locations. Opening Summer 2021, we continue to grow, launching our first flagship store in New York alongside expanding our ecommerce operations in the UK and US, and exploiting new areas of commercial development.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.