Assistant Manager, Content Strategy & Planning
HBONew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/1/2021 2:39:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Assistant Manager, Content Strategy & Planning jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant Manager, Content Strategy & Planning postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant Manager, Content Strategy & Planning?
Full Time Job
Assistant Manager, Content Strategy & Planning (HBO)
You live and breathe all things entertainment. You're a pop-culture fan, robust content consumer, and analytical thinker who has a pulse on the TV and streaming landscape, and can skillfully articulate macro-level content trends as they impact our business. Sound like you? You may be a great fit for the Assistant Manager, Content Strategy & Planning role at HBO.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Content Strategy & Planning, you'll provide support in the creation and management of HBO long-term content strategy and programming rollout-related materials. One thing to note: this role will eventually be based in New York, New York, but the team is currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
What You'll Be Doing
• Support the creation of long-term HBO original programming rollout grids, content reference guides, programming volume summaries, content inputs for data modeling, and ad-hoc decks/presentations as it relates to HBO content strategy, and aid in disseminating to key partner teams across WarnerMedia such as Programming, Marketing, Media Relations, Data Insights & Operations, Research, Finance, Distribution, etc.
• Strategically synthesize internal and competitive content data in collaboration with the Audience Research team to help inform HBO linear rollout planning.
• Manage the ongoing HBO Original Programming Development Report in collaboration with the HBO Programming team.
• Assist with additional projects as needed including representing a long-term content strategy perspective in ongoing collaboration with the HBO and HBO Max Scheduling teams and the HBO Max Product Editorial team.
Who You Are
• You have a Bachelor's degree and 3 years of relevant work experience preferably in the entertainment industry.
• You have a strong background in data analysis and analytical thinking skills, with the ability to assess and synthesize content performance data to craft a compelling narrative.
• You have a deep knowledge of the competitive TV landscape, with a keen understanding of current content and distribution trends impacting the industry.
• You're able to interface and collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the company in a professional, efficient, and amiable manner; aptness for clear, effective, and precise oral and written communication.
• You have excellent organizational skills with superlative attention to detail while also having the ability to multitask effectively.
• It's key for you to possess strong Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and digital research skills.
• You're self-motivated, with the ability to work and think independently while also being a team player.
• Full-time position (40 hours/week)
• Eligible for full benefits package (medical, vision, dental) and retirement benefits (401k matching)
• Paid time off package (includes vacation, sick and personal days, plus holidays)
• Competitive compensation package
• Paid time off every year to volunteer and charitable giving donation program
• An industry leading in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
We're Part of WarnerMedia
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce.