Analyst, Audience Insights
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
The Analyst of Audience Research will work collaboratively within a team of research professionals tasked with understanding consumer behavior and content consumption associated with HBO and HBO Max. This position will be responsible for reporting engagement across both the WarnerMedia portfolio and competitive sources leveraging both first and third party data sources. Analyses and insights will be utilized to drive decision making and measure performance for a range of key stakeholders including Original Programming, Strategy, Marketing, and Distribution.
Candidates for this position should possess a strong sense of curiosity and be comfortable mining large data sets for insights, conveying empirically supported findings, and working both independently and collaboratively within the research team and across departments.
• Analyze performance of the HBO Max platform as well as individual titles/content categories and contribute to regular reporting.
• Provide content consumption insights beyond standard reports to help inform strategic decisions around content acquisition/development, marketing, and scheduling.
• Leverage data sources to expand knowledge of HBO and HBO Max users, including third party sources of viewer demographics, social media impact, and traditional media consumption.
• Contribute to competitive analyses by utilizing third party data sources to monitor competitive consumption across the SVOD landscape.
• Develop expertise of cross-platform measurement to guide understanding of the digital and linear roles in holistic HBO content consumption.
• Partner with team members on multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining responsibility for other daily/weekly/monthly audience reporting.
• Identify data gaps/inconsistencies, effectively troubleshooting queries to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
• Employ verbal, written, and visual communication skills to effectively deliver learnings to key stakeholders.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred, with 1-2 years work or internship experience at a media company or in a research/data analytics role preferred.
• Candidate should have experience working with large data sets and an understanding of basic statistical analyses.
• Experience with SQL, including query optimization and joining datasets.
• Experience with data visualization tools such including Looker and Tableau; dashboard design and development skills strongly preferred.
• Strong Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills, with ability to create compelling presentations.
• Knowledge of media consumption metrics associated with digital/SVOD/OTT services.
• Awareness of the HBO/HBO MAX competitive set across traditional TV and SVOD.
• Familiarity with traditional media measurement tools (Nielsen, comScore) a plus.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to draw conclusions based on data.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.