HBO MaxMiami, FL
This was removed by the employer on 4/14/2021 7:45:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP, Payments jobs in Miami-FL
Search all VP, Payments postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a VP, Payments? The Job
The Director of Commercial Strategy and Business Development for Payments and Gift Cards will play a key leadership role overseeing certain critical aspects of the development and execution of our business strategies during the planning, launch and growth phases of HBO Max in Latin America. Working closely with the other leadership team members and their staff, this role will evaluate opportunities for accelerating subscriber and revenue growth through a variety of initiatives. This role will also be responsible for prioritizing, structuring and implementing our digital partnerships roadmap with IAP stores, device manufacturers, payment partners, and retail/brand partners.
The HBO Max Gift Card will exist to make it easy for our members to enjoy the service with a focus on reaching members who prefer to use cash to pay for their HBO Max subscription. You will be the regional lead for the program and the main contact for HBO Max teams, key retailers, and team closely with our vendor partners in LatAm. You will lead expansion efforts to new countries in your region. You ll develop and implement the strategy for LatAm that addresses the regional nuances that will allow us to effectively reach our members.
• Your primary responsibilities will be to thoughtfully grow existing partnerships with financial institutions, payment platform companies and the HBO Max Gift Card Program and identify and negotiate new partnerships in Latin America to cover prioritarily Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Peru.
• You will own the responsibility for analyzing opportunities, negotiating agreements and making commercial decisions with partners, seeking advice from subject matter experts, as needed.
• Manage the vendor and retailer relationships in the region to increase the sales and adoption of the HBO Max Gift Card as a way for our members who prefer to use cash, to pay for HBO Max.
• You are skilled in setting and communicating a partnership strategy that enables cross-functional teams to effectively prioritize their work.
• You will effectively collaborate with cross-functional colleagues of diverse backgrounds and cultures, seeking and providing context so that you and other teams can make good decisions and be highly aligned across functions.
• You will actively participate in and contribute to internal discussions and debates regarding challenges and strategy.
• You will travel up to 15% of your time to meet with distant partners and attend company meetings and industry conferences in the US and around the world.
• 15 years of experience in a business development or Sales function, ideally partner facing
• Knowledge of the consumer electronics and telecom market in LatAm
• Experienced and accomplished leader in the pre-paid, gift card or retail industry
• Fluency in English and Spanish is a must
• Previous Studio/Pay TV/Gaming experience is a strong plus
• Natural partner engagement skills with the ability to develop rapport and translate established partner relationships to programs that impact the business
• Experience and passion for building great partnership programs that are unique and scalable creating a win-win situation for partners and for us
Nice To Haves
• Judgment: You think strategically, use data and understand the context of a situation to make good and timely decisions based on the long term and despite ambiguity. An ability to draw upon your knowledge of the Latin America telecommunications, consumer electronics, and entertainment industries or a technical background is a plus.
• Communication: In addition to a command of the Portuguese and Spanish languages, you are proficient in speaking, reading and writing English. You have a high global IQ, an inclusive nature and demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills flexing your style depending on the audience. You are effective in communicating and interacting with senior-level executives as well as operational teams. You welcome receiving and giving constructive feedback to make you and your colleagues better and share information openly and proactively.
• Impact: You prefer people over process and are known for your ability to deliver consistent and outstanding results and raising the performance bar for those around you. You make time to help others make an impact.
• Curiosity: You are naturally curious, continually strive to learn new things and seek different perspectives.
• Innovation: You question assumptions in order to find better solutions and can proactively identify and address issues and opportunities.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.