VP, Commercial Strategy & Business Development
HBO MaxMiami, FL
Full Time Job
VP, Commercial Strategy & Business Development - HBO Max, LATAM
The VP, Commercial Strategy and Business Development will play a key leadership role overseeing certain critical aspects of the development and execution of our business strategies during the planning, launch and growth phases of HBO Max in Latin America. Working closely with the other leadership team members and their staffs, this role will evaluate opportunities for accelerating subscriber and revenue growth through a variety of initiatives. This role will also be responsible for prioritizing, structuring and implementing our digital partnerships roadmap with IAP stores, device manufacturers, payment partners, and retail/brand partners.
• Identify opportunities to incorporate new product features and functionalities for HBO Max in LATAM, evaluate strategic and financial impact, and assess implementation feasibility in partnership with the Product team.
• Lead pricing and packaging strategy for HBO Max in LATAM to optimize revenue and subscriber growth
• Identify and evaluate opportunities to grow subscribers, increase engagement, and differentiate the HBO Max LATAM product and content experience through strategic partnerships across 3rd party distributors, device manufacturers, payment providers, and third party retailers, brands, and service providers (e.g., Falabella, Uber, Spotify).
• Identify distribution and marketing goals with MVPDs; work closely with WarnerMedia LATAM Affiliate team in the development and execution of affiliate distribution agreements.
• Identify distribution and marketing goals with digital stores (in-app-purchase partners) and device manufactures for HBO Max LATAM; work closely with Global Commercial team (which manages global IAP/device relationships) in the development and execution of partnership agreements.
• Identify, develop, negotiate and execute, local device, payments, and brand integration partnerships
• Hire, lead and mentor a team of highly motivated strategy and business development executives
• Evaluate initiatives' performance against targets and KPIs to determine the effectiveness of implemented strategies.
• Bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience; MBA preferred
• 15 years experience working in strategic planning and business development in LATAM
• Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese required
• Strong understanding of the Latin American market and SVOD and direct to consumer business models
• Ability to analyze, interpret data and use insights to inform decisions and make recommendations
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skills and collaboration skills are a must
• Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands