Vice President Product
HBO MaxSingapore, SG
Full Time Job
Vice President Product, Southeast Asia
Our DTC team is now expanding HBO Max globally, and we need a highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile expert to accomplish things that have never been done before.
About the role:
Following the successful launch of HBO Max in the US, WarnerMedia will be expanding HBO Max to Asia Pacific.
As Vice President, Product SEA, you will lead a team to define the product experience as it relates to driving customer acquisition, customer engagement and usage within our streaming application for Southeast Asia, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
This role will lead local product management teams, in driving the product requirements for launching HBO Max across Southeast Asia. You will work closely with the global HBO Max Product and Technology teams to determine priorities, coordinate roadmap and ensure successfully delivery of capabilities.
You will also be a liaison to the HBO Max SEA leadership team for the region, including General Management, Content Development, Content Acquisition, Distribution, and Marketing, and will need to work in tandem with them on execution of the strategies they define. In this position you will report into the Global Product Management Organisation, with a dotted line into the SEA Direct-to-Consumer General Management Organisation.
What you'll be doing:
• Lead the work stream and local product management teams around setting the strategic context, outlining the consumer needs, defining the key features to meet those needs, and work with the cross functional teams to plan the roadmap for SEA expansion
• Will work with Global Product and Technology teams to leverage one global tech stack, and one global product, with effort to localize where needed
• Using a consumer-first approach, this role will strive to understand the local consumer markets, market differences, language subtleties and needs, and ensure product localization meets those needs through usability testing
• Lead affiliate product-integrations with MVPDs, telcos and payment providers in the region
• Work to define the regional capabilities needed for payment methods, billing, purchase funnel, offer/promo requirements and overall subscriber management to ensure growth metrics can be achieved
• Create product ''documentation'' including product requirements and use cases, to clearly define the product capabilities, down to a detailed level, accounting for positive and negative paths
• Work tightly with Global Product Management team and UX/UI teams on requirements and wireframes/design development
• Define SEA product capability roadmap, and work with Global Product Management and Global Technology Organisations to ensure feasibility and adjust where needed
• Clearly communicate the roadmap at all levels, including specific functionality offered at any given time point, to ensure all understand what a feature means and what the consumer will see
• Help define and articulate longer-term strategies and determine those that need runway of work earlier to achieve timeline targets
• Monitor and analyze key performance indicators and make recommendations based on data to improve the purchase funnel and product
• Research and analyze emerging trends in the local marketplace and keep abreast of the competition to drive product requirements
• Understand and communicate consumer behaviour for products and features
• Utilize data-driven decision making for prioritizing product feature backlog
What we're looking for:
• Experience in managing or leading digital product management or related experience at an entertainment media company
• Extensive experience in streaming video products on tablets, phones, PCs, and other devices
• Strong knowledge of SEA local market dynamics and consumers; a plus if a local language is spoken
• Experience with product strategy and requirements for SVOD or other streaming products, and ability to execute upon those requirements with development teams
• Deep understanding of technical capabilities to conceive how the architecture implementation would affect the outcome of the consumer experience
• Experience in an agile development process (Scrum, Kanban) strongly preferred
• Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD, AVOD and OTT services
• Ability to lead a team of product managers, and guide them toward success across a large organization with many complexities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Understanding of how to develop rapid prototypes, A/B testing, and iterative development practices
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently
• Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects
• Comfortable working in an environment that is ever-changing, with grey or uncertain areas; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs
• Passionate about television, movies, entertainment, digital products and technology
• Possesses deep understanding of the video streaming industry as well as the local SEA marketplace and is a champion for the consumer
• Executes against a vision via small, medium, and long-term projects
• Capable of being a doer and longer-term strategic thinker
• Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes
• Comfortable in a team that requires you to get in the trenches to drive work forward and have a high output
• Fluent written and spoken English is essential
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia: https://www.warnermedia.com.diversity
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.