Vice President - Data, Insights & Planning
HBO MaxSingapore, SG
This was removed by the employer on 10/28/2021 7:36:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President - Data, Insights & Planning jobs in Singapore-SG
Search all Vice President - Data, Insights & Planning postings
Full Time Job
Vice President - Data, Insights & Planning, Sea & India
Location: Singapore, Singapore
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
HBO Max™ is WarnerMedia's direct-to-consumer streaming platform, offering best in class quality entertainment. HBO Max features the greatest array of storytelling for all audiences from the iconic brands of HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and much more. The platform launched in the United States in May 2020 and introduced a lower priced, advertising-supported tier in June 2021. HBO Max recently began its global rollout launching in 39 markets across Latin America and the Caribbean, and HBO Max will enter Europe later this year and into next as it begins replacing the HBO-branded streaming services.
About the role:
WarnerMedia will be expanding HBO Max to Southeast Asia and India. The Vice President of Data, Insights & Planning, South Asia is an exciting and unique opportunity for a data- and numbers-driven leader to influence and shape the international success of our new Direct-to-Consumer streaming service. You will be responsible and accountable for all Data Insights & Business Intelligence projects related to HBO Max across South Asia.
Reporting to the Head of Global Data Insights and Planning and working closely with the MD - HBO Max Southeast Asia & India, the CFO of HBO Max Global, the Head of Data, Insights & Planning and the head of global marketing analytics, the candidate will be responsible for building and leading a team responsible for delivering business intelligence, subscriber reporting and budget management.
Working with the centralized global technology organisation, our vision is to put data at the heart of all decision making and this will include collaborating with centralized marketing teams on current and predictive subscriber, churn and payment data amongst others, whilst building, and continuously improving a relevant reporting structure for HBO Max in South Asia.
What you'll be doing:
This data leader effectively leads the ''numbers hub'' for HBO Max in South Asia and will be undertaking various tasks, including but not limited to leading the team responsible for:
• Collaborating with the global business insights and data teams within WarnerMedia to leverage the global technology infrastructure and data to drive effective business intelligence for HBO Max in South Asia
• Implement and localize global reporting systems to provide strategic tactical business insights into key functions including, product & technology, growth marketing, distribution, content production and acquisition, and editorial/curation
• Collaborate with the global marketing analytics team to analyze, subscriber acquisition, subscriber churn, and consumer viewing data to identify consumer segment clusters, identify behavioral patterns, and build or enhance predictive subscriber models
• Ensure HBO Max is at the forefront of driving and adopting new techniques and approaches to primary and secondary research through innovation and creativity
• Build strategic outlook for the market through competitive benchmarking, authoring white papers and helping set and test the hypothesis for a DTC business
• Lead the Financial Planning & Analysis function for HBO Max – building and managing P&L forecast along with the CFO's office and rationalizing cross-functional financial targets within the organization
• Help forecast health of the business from a subscriber and revenue perspective
• Align on reporting standards for financial output providing input to investor relations and external analyst communities
• Work in partnership with Finance leads to help manage annual operating costs to plan and manage budgets leading to sustainable long range business planning & analysis
What we're looking for:
• An experienced data-driven leader, with a track record of working with large data sets
• Experience in using data to enable the business to derive key consumer insights
• Extensive experience in marketing and content analytics, business intelligence and reporting
• Understanding and awareness of key trends and issues in the major media markets including South East Asia and India and of new media ventures and technology trends globally
• Understanding of digital research tools and methodologies across owned and operated platforms (e.g. Omniture for web/apps) and third-party platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, social monitoring tools)
• Experience in budgeting, financial planning & analysis, pricing / packing models and financial controlling
• Highly strategic and commercial orientation
• Manage financial and business analysts and have the ability to lead teams with data insights and finance responsibilities
• Nuanced understanding of all key financial statements and have the ability to identify assumptions and key drives; forecast forward looking statements with CFO's office
• Experience of working within a fast-paced commercial environment
• Inquisitive, insightful and analytical mind with the ability to decipher the implications of the major developments in the media world and identify the growth opportunities for HBO Max
• Comfortable dealing with senior management and senior industry stakeholders and have excellent relationship building skills
• First rate communication skills, ability to summarize accurately and concisely
• Fluent written and spoken English is a prerequisite
• Educated to degree level or relevant equivalent
• Significant travel (India, SEA and US) is likely
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia: a href=