HBO MaxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 10:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for UX Writer jobs in New York-NY
Search all UX Writer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an UX Writer? As a User Experience (UX) Writer, you shape customer experiences by authoring useful, conversational text that helps users complete tasks within our streaming product. Just as importantly, you will help unify and shepherd the HBO Max voice as it comes to life within our product. Able to balance consistency with the special needs of unique platforms and customer journeys, you actively partner with our design and development teams and other organizations (i.e. Growth Marketing) to uphold our brand principles while working on behalf of customers. Your portfolio showcases writing that simplifies and strengthens user experiences, with a demonstrable process of collaboration.
• Active and positive partnership with other UX writers and teams, including product design and research, product management, engineering, marketing, and editorial on a variety of product design-related initiatives.
• Collaborate with other stakeholders to create consistent messaging and a unified voice across products and platforms.
• Use empathy, user insight, and hard data to inform written content choices.
• Create and maintain documentation that catalogs content, voice, tonality, and considerations, for consumption by other stakeholders.
• Accountable for the voice of our streaming product (both written and oral); responsible for achieving and maintaining high standards of content quality.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining the HBO Max voice throughout the user interface in the streaming product (both written and oral)
• Understand theoretical and practical concepts of user-centered design, especially as related to written and oral best practices.
• Capable of direction and mentorship of others to accomplish the above.
• A user-centric writer, with deep experience in a variety of product paradigms (e.g., transactional, promotional, customer support, VUI, etc.).
• Passionate about consumer technology and products, across multiple platforms (e.g., IOT, VUI, connected TVs & gaming consoles, smartphones & tablets, etc.).
• Highly organized and able to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; ability to anticipate problems and develop contingency plans when necessary.
• Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively across disciplines.
• Interested in guiding a long-term view of product development, with an appetite to improve it over time.
• Proficient at distilling complex information to create messaging with an approachable, conversational voice
• Able to pivot between left and right-brained writing from storytelling to systematic thinking
• Capable of writing from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond written word with input from multiple team members
• Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Interaction Design, or a related field.
• Minimum 3-5 years in UX Writing, Customer Support, UX Design, or related fields.
• Experience using collaborative design and productivity tools such as Figma, Miro, and Google Docs.
• Localization and/or streaming media experience a plus.
On your application, please include samples of your work that show a breadth of experience writing content for end-users. Include examples of hands-on work you've done, with a brief overview of the product challenge, including any functional or business requirements. You may also wish to show us workflows, content templates, and style guides or standards you've developed. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.