SVP Content Experience
HBO MaxCopenhagen, SK
This was removed by the employer on 6/22/2021 6:03:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for SVP Content Experience jobs in Copenhagen-SK
Search all SVP Content Experience postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a SVP Content Experience?
Full Time Job
SVP Content Experience, EMEA
Location: Denmark - Copenhagen, Netherlands - Amsterdam, Spain - Madrid, Sweden - Stockholm
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe during 2021.
Following the successful launch of HBO Max in the US, WarnerMedia will be expanding HBO Max across EMEA in 2021.
Reporting to the Head of EMEA, HBO Max and working closely with the WarnerMedia (WM) EMEA Content team, the Senior Vice President, Content Experience will build and lead the team responsible for shaping the localised content offerings across the region.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a strategic, analytical and operational content leader to influence and shape the international success of our new Direct-to-Consumer streaming service.
You will be the key stakeholder and partner to the internal WM content supply teams, working closely with the Heads of Department tasked with content acquisitions, greenlighting of Local Original Productions and delivering the Kids content strategy, playing a major role in our content budgeting efforts for each of these.
You will be responsible and accountable for the overall content experience including all Editorial & Curation, Content Planning, Scheduling and windowing for the service across the region, serving as a critical content strategy leader for HBO Max.
It is critical that the SVP Content Experience works closely with the International Head of Content Analysis & Optimisation (CA&O), who is responsible for the ''what'' of content experience. The CA&O team work closely with other WarnerMedia teams to identify what content is performing well on the service, what demographics are not being served and determining the best way to identify and secure new content via acquisitions or Original Productions. The SVP Content Experience and the Head of CA&O will need to ensure close ways of working both informally as well as through the establishment of formal processes and communication channels to ensure that their teams are closely aligned.
What you'll be doing:
• Collaborative partner with the WM Content Teams tasked with overall programming strategy and acquiring and producing the content that makes MAX successful, and represents the Consumer's needs, interests, and preferences with regard to all aspects of Content on HBO Max
• Build and manage a team of editorial specialists who effectively program the HBO MAX service to drive maximum customer engagement, based on analytical insights generated by consumer behaviour on our service.
• This team is in charge of editorial strategy (masthead selections, carousel strategy, carousel creation etc.) and continuously curates and updates our landing pages across all devices and markets, including personalisation, daytime strategy, selection of assets for promotion, A/B testing of different creative executions, etc.
• Establish and maintain detailed content planning documentation and calendars that provide the HBO MAX editorial, marketing, finance, and management teams with appropriate visibility into upcoming content launches and departures. Working closely with Content Operations, the Content licensing team, the Originals team, and HBO Max in the US, this team establishes and maintains the Master Calendar for all content flowing to our service
• Close cooperation with the Content Operations team to ensure consistency, completeness and quality of all Content and Metadata featured on the HBO Max service in EMEA.
What we're looking for:
• Analytical mindset that can create valuable insights from user behaviour data to inform content decisions. Strives to come up with new and more effective ways of measuring the impact of content on all aspects of our business, and to communicate these learnings to all relevant parties across the organisation
• Process oriented individual who can oversee and manage a team tasked with editorial and curational responsibilities
• Strong understanding of content and media consumption trends in an EMEA context. Familiarity with regional and local content history and preferences. Ability to make solid editorial and curatorial decisions based on understanding of our customers, and the unique characteristics of our MAX content
• Familiarity with content licensing models, originals production process, and the TV ecosystem at large. Ability to effectively represent data-based and consumer-focused content recommendations and requirements to the WM Content Team
• Collaborative and diplomatic by nature, but also willing to take and defend data- and analysis-backed positions in the ongoing process of tight cooperation and dialogue with the WM Content Team
• Detail oriented. Passionate about getting t's crossed and i's dotted. Must have a strong sense of ownership of the choices put in front of our customers, whether it be the quality of masthead images, the completeness of metadata, the accurate translation of titles and descriptions, or the selection of images for individual content tiles
• High degree of technology and product affinity. Ability to effectively represent editorial and content operation needs with teams of Product Managers and software engineering teams
• Understanding and awareness of key trends and issues in the major media markets across EMEA and of new media ventures and technology trends globally
• Inquisitive, insightful and analytical mind with the ability to decipher the implications of the major developments in the media world and identify the growth opportunities for HBO Max
• Comfortable dealing with senior management and senior industry stakeholders and have excellent relationship building skills
• First rate communication skills, ability to summarise accurately and concisely
• Fluent written and spoken English is a prerequisite
• Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia: https://www.warnermediagroup.com/diversity