Subscriber Research Director
HBO MaxLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/6/2021 9:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Subscriber Research Director jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Subscriber Research Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Subscriber Research Director? Subscriber Research Director (HBO Max)
This job is available in 2 locations Los Angeles, California, United States New York, New York, United States
We won't chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn't exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
The HBO Max Research team aims to be trusted partners for our business through a lens that is unbiased and unfiltered. We objectively translate consumer voices to help make strategic business objectives and decisions.
The team is looking for a Research Director who will work directly with key business stakeholders to understand and help solve business challenges. He/she will lead, design and implement research addressing growth and retention strategies. This person will report to the VP, HBO Max research.
We're looking for a strategic and critical thinker who is passionate about connecting the dots to bring a holistic perspective to the business. The ideal person is a nimble, go-getter who enjoys building relationships, collaborating with partners, answering big picture questions with research, and is a strong storyteller.
• Work cross functionally with internal/external stakeholders to understand needs and challenges.
• Build and establish client relationships. Be an advisor and provide thought leadership.
• Dynamically lead meetings and initiatives with senior level clients both internal and external.
• Develop data/research solutions to address business questions, identify opportunities, and inform or guide strategy to align with goals.
• Plan and direct primary and secondary research around the consumer journey (drivers, barriers, pain points), audience and media consumption to drive subscriber growth and retention
• Oversee all stages including design, fieldwork, analysis and interpretation of research studies, both qualitative and quantitative.
• Synthesize findings across multiple research and data sources (1st party, 3rd party) to deliver holistic insights to the business
• Manage staff including on-going training and development - providing guidance, coaching and feedback, performance management and day to day oversight of projects including directing, assigning and prioritizing work.
• Collaborate with research vendors while ensuring adherence to best practices, timelines, and deliverables
• Some travel is required.
• 8 years of primary research experience in both qualitative and quantitative
• 3 years of experience building, managing and leading a high performing team
• Experience at a Direct-to-Consumer/SVOD/AVOD or research company working on a Direct-to-Consumer/SVOD/AVOD business.
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Must understand a variety of market research methodologies and their applications
• Experience working with Growth Marketing teams (acquisition, lifecycle, editorial). Must have a strong understanding of marketing mix model, attribution models, experimentation frameworks, and measuring incrementality.
• Experience executing studies using max/diff, TURF, conjoint analysis, interviews, focus groups
• Experience with conducting research on market positioning, content strategy, brand strategy and consumer journey
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Analytical problem-solving skills, including the ability to break down data/information into meaningful findings and developing recommendations that lead to informed decision-making.
• Ability to use a data-driven approach to problem solving and scaling.
• The ability to synthesize a lot of information to distill root cause and make informed decisions.
• Strong aptitude for building effective relationships in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Strong client-management skills; ability to adapt to a variety of individual styles and approaches in order to deliver the appropriate insights and support each requires.
• Proficient in programming and data analysis softwares (e.g. Qualtrics, SPSS, Q Research)
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience managing direct reports
• A passion for television shows and movies
The Nice to Haves
• Statistical experience
• Experience with coding (SQL)
• Graduate degree
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.