Staff Technical Program Manager, Security - HBO Max
HBO MaxNew York, GA
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe during 2021.
Join us. Shape your story here.
As a Staff Technical Program Manager, Security, you will identify gaps in solutions, debate technical approaches and weigh-in on product vs technology tradeoffs. You'll drive key program deliverables, communicate regularly with senior leadership, stakeholders, and manage dependencies, risks, and escalations. This role can work remote.
You are passionate about leading by influence. This role requires advocating for change within Product and Engineering for information security initiatives. You have a demonstrated ability to establish a vision and to execute on it.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including clear articulation of business impact and technical constraints tailored to the audience.
You are able to triage multiple initiatives to make a judgment to tackle the right problems at the right time.
• Drive the Identity and Access strategic programs that require engineering alignment across the company.
• The role is to evolve and drive the vision of Information Security at HBO Max.
• You'll be responsible for crafting and executing the overall program including quarterly roadmaps and working with numerous stakeholders, from across Information Security and engineering.
• 8+ years of experience in Technical Program Management or a similar role (e.g., product management, project management) and familiarity with agile methodologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to target communications to executive leadership, and across the organization and to external partners
• Systems thinking and a strong sense of ownership to drive complex programs with interdependencies that require definition from the ground up
• First-rate project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple, sometimes competing, priorities with date-driven timelines and a solid understanding of risk management
• Emotional intelligence to lead through influence, while building a culture of teamwork and inclusiveness
• Experience with agile software development methodologies
The Nice to Haves
• Familiarity with technologies such AWS
• Familiarity with data store technologies
• Entertainment or media industry experience
• Familiar with Jira/Confluence and GitHub process flows
• Ability to learn new development and productivity tools in order to continuously improve effectiveness
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.