Frontend Engineer, Player Experience - HBO Max
HBO MaxSeattle, WA
Full Time Job
Frontend Engineer, Player Experience (AVOD) - HBO Max
We want to share WarnerMedia's amazing stories with as many customers as possible. To do so, we are building ad-supported products to complement our premiere subscription product, HBO Max. We're exploring traditional and innovative ad presentations to share sponsor messages with customers. The new product will be deployed across mobile, desktop, and connected devices.
As a software engineer on WarnerMedia's AVOD team, you will build and support full-stack components for our streaming video applications. You will own the entire video advertising user experience, including core player interface, beaconing, and integrated ad content. You'll also lead behind the scenes efforts to improve quality of experience via telemetry and data analysis, and guide our overall UX platform by spreading architectural improvements throughout the organization.
• Join a growing team with many opportunities to expand your skillset, including your ability to design, implement and own critical features in a mission-critical product.
• Build engaging and intuitive user experiences.
• Work with the latest streaming media technologies and video capabilities.
• Learn to evaluate multiple technical approaches and drive consensus with peers.
• Use data to solve real world problems and improve customer experience, including prioritization of incoming issues reported by customers, partners, and internal QA.
• Have access to experienced engineers as mentors and technical resources.
• A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and operating systems.
• To be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve problems.
• Passion for software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write, and a desire to become an expert in video advertising technology.
• To seek self-improvement and adapt to suggestions and feedback.
• To hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining respectful relationships.
• Ability to provide periodic on-call support for critical emergent customer-facing issues.
The Nice to Haves
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science-related discipline or 2 years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms.
• DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed.
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology.
• Experience with video applications, especially streaming video.
• Experience with device platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, tvOS).
• Experience with advertising platforms or technologies.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.