Staff Engineer, Direct Commerce - HBO Max
HBO MaxSeattle, WA
Full Time Job
Like to develop features that connect and impact millions of customers? The Authentication team provides access to our streaming applications, no matter how you purchase your HBO Max subscription. We work closely with product and design to present the best customer experiences for securely authenticating with hundreds of identity providers across dozens of device platforms. We are dedicated to continuous improvement and are looking for talented engineers to join the team to optimize the journey from sign-in to streaming. We're looking for Engineers that have an interest in the space and a passion for creating great software.
As a Software Engineer on WarnerMedia's Direct Commerce team, you will design and build systems that link customer accounts and credentials from subscription providers into a single federated identity. You will build cutting-edge authentication features across multiple device platforms, working with partners from AT&T, Apple, Google, and other industry leaders. You will own and improve features like multiple user profiles and geovalidation. By working on our team, you will make some of the world's best content accessible to millions of customers, securely and seamlessly. You will join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your skillset. You will get the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the product, both on the client-side and server-side. In this role you will have experienced engineers close by to mentor you. You will be one of the first developers to work with new features from a variety of authentication platforms and technology partners.
• Learn to evaluate multiple technical approaches and drive consensus with your engineering peers
• Use data to solve real world problems and improve customer experience
• Grow your ability to design, implement, and own critical features of a product used by millions of customers
• Work with designers and product managers to deliver best possible customer login and registration experience
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
• Have a solid understanding of common software data structures and algorithms
• Be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve their problems
• Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
• Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science-related discipline or 2 years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
The Nice to Haves
• DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed
• Success in designing and building exciting, highly polished, and dynamic user experiences
• Hands-on experience with web, mobile, game console, set-top box and/or TV client application development
• Success in designing and building highly available systems at scale
• Experience with a variety of back-end persistence, queuing and networking technologies, especially Kubernetes and AWS
• Experience with SAML, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect (OIDC)
• Experience working with major identity providers (Login with Amazon, Facebook Login, etc)
• HBO exclusive events
• Paid time off to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.