Staff Engineer 2, Data Pipeline
HBO MaxSeattle, WA
This was removed by the employer on 11/12/2020 2:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Staff Engineer 2, Data Pipeline jobs in Seattle-WA
Search all Staff Engineer 2, Data Pipeline postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Staff Engineer 2, Data Pipeline? We are the team responsible for the HBO Max data pipeline. The data pipeline is where we instrument, store and model engagement and reference data for use by analysts, data scientists and engineers to enhance and improve the overall customer experience across our products and content offerings.
At HBO as a Staff Software Engineer 2 on the Data Pipeline team, you will design, develop and support the services and systems for instrumentation, validation, durable delivery, and integration into batch and stream based environments. We run services that support the interactions of millions of concurrent viewers in a 24/7 environment. We are experts in our craft and pride ourselves on being knowledgeable across a wide range of business needs and product functionality. You will also partner with our messaging and experimentation platform teams, to ensure that we have the ability to send messages to custom segments and test different experiences among multiple groups, to see which works the best.
• Build and support a data pipeline platform that allows a customer's behavioral data to directly impact their individualized experiences in the HBO Max product.
• Grow your ability to design, implement, and own critical features of a product used by millions of customers
• Get the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the product, both on the client-side and server-side
• Learn to evaluate multiple technical approaches and drive consensus with your engineering peers
• Use data to solve real world problems and improve customer experience
• Have access to experienced engineers as mentors and resources
• Have a solid understanding of common software data structures and algorithms
• - Be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve their problems
• Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
• Success in designing and building highly available systems at scale
• Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
• BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field with 4 years of relevant experience
• Passion for working with high scale data pipelines.
The Nice to Haves
• Experience with query languages
• Experience working with low-latency, services operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (AWS, Google app engine, Azure, Kubernetes)
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.