Sr. Technical Program Manager
HBO MaxSeattle, WA
Full Time Job
Sr. Technical Program Manager, Strategic Initiatives - HBO Max
We lead high-impact, strategic initiatives for the Direct to Consumer Technology organization, working with multiple engineering teams and cross-functional business partners to deliver compelling, consumer experiences that highlight our world-class content. We are looking for experienced technical program managers to join us in building the future of WarnerMedia and its flagship product, HBO Max. By working on our team, you can say you helped deliver the very best streaming platform in the world!
As a senior technical program manager focused on strategic initiatives, you will execute feature delivery across multiple software development teams in support of high-profile projects. You'll work cross-functionally with product management, experience design, engineering, quality assurance, and release management to understand strategy, requirements, and technical implementation details. You'll drive key program deliverables, communicate regularly with stakeholders, and manage dependencies, risks, and escalations. You will provide a critical role in helping teams working on the HBO Max product understand what is possible and assist in shaping how we prioritize, staff, and execute on the realization of becoming the first choice in digital entertainment for our customers.
• Drive large, cross-cutting initiatives that require a balance of breadth and depth through the full product development lifecycle
• Coordinate workstreams across multiple technology teams and functional areas
• Formulate a point of view on how proposed features align with business goals and our technical strategy
• Identify and document product and technology requirements
• Understand how features are delivering value to our customers and business using service metrics and KPIs
• Develop and scale our applications for a global audience
• 5 years of experience in technical program management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to target communications up, down, and across the organization and to external partners
• Systems thinking and a strong sense of ownership to drive complex programs with interdependencies that require definition from the ground up
• First-rate project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple, sometimes competing, priorities with date-driven timelines and a solid understanding of risk management
• Emotional intelligence to lead through influence, while building a culture of teamwork and inclusiveness
• Familiarity with digital subscription products
• Technical aptitude to work closely with software engineers
• Experience with agile software development methodologies
• Analytical skills to dive into usage data and performance metrics
• Familiarity with concepts and best practices in the ad-based video on demand (AVOD) space
The Nice to Haves
• Experience in a media/streaming video company
• Direct experience developing and releasing AVOD products
• Understanding of machine translation strategies for optimization.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.