Staff Technical Program Manager, Localization - HBO Max
HBO MaxAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe during 2021.
Join us. Shape your story here.
As a staff technical program manager focused on global delivery and localization, you will play a critical role in the successful execution of an ambitious, multi-year roadmap of global launches. You'll work cross-functionally with product management, experience design, engineering, quality assurance, and release management to scale and evolve existing localization processes, balancing support for current markets while simultaneously preparing for future expansion into new markets. You'll maintain a strategic roadmap for our localization capabilities, drive key world-readiness requirements into feature design and development, communicate regularly with stakeholders, and evangelize globalization and localizability best-practices throughout the organization.
In this role, you will help us to:
• Drive the strategic roadmap for localization, considering future launch plans and anticipating the challenges each new language or market will bring
• Mature existing localization processes while identifying opportunities for innovation and automation
• Develop and promote localization best practices across multiple disciplines, including UX Design, Engineering, QA and Release Management
• Ensure best-in-class linguistic and functional quality across all supported markets for our global products
• Build collaborative relationships with partner organizations located around the world
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement with each new launch
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• 7+ years of experience in technical program management or a similar role (e.g., product management, technical project management)
• Direct experience managing software localization programs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to target communications up, down, and across the organization and to external partners
• Systems thinking and a strong sense of ownership to drive complex programs with interdependencies that require definition from the ground up
• Proven track record of delivering services or applications into multiple markets
• Familiarity with managing external localization vendors
• First-rate project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple, sometimes competing, priorities with date-driven timelines and a solid understanding of risk management
• Emotional intelligence and leadership skills to influence outcomes, while building a culture of teamwork and inclusiveness
• Familiarity with digital subscription products
• Technical aptitude to work closely with software engineers
• Experience with agile software development methodologies
• Analytical skills to dive into usage data and performance metrics
The Nice to Haves
• Experience in a media/streaming video company
• Direct experience managing budgets and running RFP's
• Understanding of machine translation strategies for optimization
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.