Sr. Manager, Data Science
HBO MaxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This job is available in 3 locations
Los Angeles, California, United States New York, New York, United States Seattle, Washington, United States
Sr. Manager, Data Science, Forecasting - HBO Max
HBO Max is looking for a motivated Senior Manager of Data Science who will be leading HBO Max subscription forecasting within the Data Science team. As a SME, this role is responsible for building best in class forecast models by leveraging statistical methods, machine learning and data science models and advanced analytics. This role will partner closely with the HBO Max content intelligence team, marketing team, corporate strategy team and finance team to help them understand how HBO Max content marketing activities, consumer behaviors, and competitive environment impact HBO Max subscriber growth. This role will lead a team.
• Lead data scientists to design, build, improve machine learning models. Provide guidance for model algorithms, features generation/transformation/selection and confidently interpret model results and defend his/her forecast
• Lead development of forecasting models including but not limited to acquisition, retention, engagement, lifetime value
• Constantly exploring new features, new ways of using existing data to improve the accuracy of the models
• Leverage natural experiments with existing data to quantify impact of key attributes and events.
• Apply model to show cause-effect relationship between acquisition/retention and factors affecting it
• Develop forecast roadmaps for R&D, production, QA. Manage expectation and deliverables.
• Coach and develop data scientists. Motivate team members for continuous learning of cutting-edge data science models and best practices
• Capture business requirements for data science solutions and communicate data science output and recommendations to inform business strategies
• Create dashboard/report to share forecast with internal/external stakeholders and leadership
• Present analysis to business partners and senior leadership and make recommendations
• Go above and beyond attitude
• Graduate degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, industrial engineering or other quantitative discipline
• 8 years of relevant experience in machine learning, AI and data science with proven track record to drive innovation and business impact
• Strong expertise in machine learning, data science, statistical modeling such as ARIMA time series, regression, XGBoost, ensembles, causal inference and NLP
• Proficiency in machine learning language and platforms (Python, R, TensonFlow, Keras, PyTorch, MXNet etc.)
• Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience with big data platform (AWS, snowflake, Spark, Google Cloud etc.)
• Experience managing a team, including experience with remote teams
• Strong communication skills
• Proficiency in dashboarding language (Tableau, Looker, etc.) or equivalent
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Google Slides/Sheets
• Entertainment industry experience preferred
• Subscription-based business experience preferred
• Digital marketing analytics is a plus
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Strong team focus with outstanding organizational and resource management skills
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.