Sr. Manager, Business & Customer Insights - HBO Max
HBO MaxBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
As a Sr. Manager of Business & Customer Insights your role will be to drive reporting and analyses aimed at developing a deep understanding of subscriber behavior. You will build analytical frameworks to solve business challenges, and guide a team of analysts in transforming complex big data into clear actionable visual insights important for strategic decision making.
• Lead team of analysts in performing ad hoc analyses and developing and maintaining beautifully designed dashboards consumed by the HBO Max Leadership team to uncover insights in subscriber retention and engagement patterns.
• Synthesize large volumes of data and complex concepts into clear accessible learnings for a broad audience.
• Build compelling presentations and propose data-driven decisions to shape retention strategies.
• Define and manage project deliverables, timelines, and dependencies for team members and stakeholders.
• Develop strong cross-functional partnerships across the company (Engineering, Strategy, Marketing, Product, Operations) to drive our team's success.
• Establish a close working relationship with key stakeholders to understand their needs, identify opportunities for leveraging data in their operational decision making, and define clear roadmaps for business intelligence and/or data visualization solutions.
• MBA and/or advanced degree in statistics, economics or a related quantitative field
• 2 years' experience in managing a team
• 5 years' of hands-on experience wrangling, analyzing and visualizing data
• Candidate should have advanced SQL skills
• Proven track record of performing comprehensive analyses independently
• Strong communicator, for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Able to move fast while keeping focused on high impact projects
• Detail-oriented and cares about the quality of the team's output
• High tolerance for ambiguity and fast-changing environment
• Excited to work in the entertainment industry and, in particular, at a premiere video streaming service
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands