Sr. HR Business Partner - HBO Max and TNT, TBS & Trutv
HBO MaxBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia's direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia's rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
The Sr. HR Business Partner will support the people strategy for HBO Max Content and TNT, tbs & truTV networks and support client groups by applying best-in-class HR principles around business planning, organizational design, company culture, training and development, recruitment, performance management, employee relations, legal compliance, etc.
• Provide day to day HR support for the Burbank HBO Max Content and TNT, tbs & truTV employees
• Work closely with the Director, HR, help to drive HR-related initiatives such as, organization design & integration, talent management, compensation planning, employee development, succession planning, and performance management
• Work to resolve employee and organizational issues in a proactive and positive manner
• Consult with business and people leaders to understand and support business, talent and org needs
• Interpret and help to implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and individual employees that further the mission, values and strategic vision of the business
• Oversee standard reporting and collaborate with specialist HR teams on special projects and reporting as needed to support business needs
• Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment
• Manage staffing process working with clients and our internal talent acquisition team to identify recruitment strategies
• Minimum 7 years relevant HR experience including employee relations and organizational development
• Bachelor's Degree
• Prior media/television industry experience preferred
• Strong business acumen, facilitation, conflict resolution and communication skills
• Strong business partnership: able to establish credibility and rapport with operating leaders
• Experience working in a complex, matrix environment
• Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups
• Strong employee-relations skill set; can earn trust and credibility with employees in assigned groups
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.