Sr. Designer - HBO Max
HBO MaxCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/14/2021 5:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Designer - HBO Max jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Sr. Designer - HBO Max postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Designer - HBO Max?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Culver City, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We won't chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn't exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
As the Senior Designer, Growth Marketing for HBO Max, you will assist in driving the operational success for the creative and visual execution of WarnerMedia's new streaming service, as well as the production and execution of marketing campaigns promoting it. The Senior Designer will be focused on visual design, content creative design, motion design and typography. You will play an integral role in content design that brings campaigns and creative to life. This position works hands-on and collaboratively with innovative Designers, Project Managers, Content Strategists, and Copywriters to conceptualize and execute visual creative concepts for HBO Max. You will also be skilled at guiding Junior designers to ensure they are capturing leadership's vision.
• Responsible for end-to-end delivery of creative projects with an emphasis on visual design, content creative design, motion design, video and typography – actively participating in creative briefings, assist in the development and execution of creative concepts (both independently and with the team), ability to craft a story through your design work, determine solutions/alternatives when necessary and present to key business stakeholders.
• Strong understanding of digital and social platforms, as well as their use within growth marketing that will ultimately impact the big picture.
• Work on digital HBO Max campaigns to craft high quality, compelling marketing materials within emails assets and mobile using various customer communication touchpoints, including digital design, motion, animation and video.
• Ability to collaborate with all consumer-facing touchpoints for growth marketing including but not limited to email, social, hbomax.com, experiential and in-app.
• Responsible for ensuring artwork is ready for review by Creative Director.
• Integrate robust design skills, including layout, typography, video, motion, design patterns and copywriting into all marketing campaigns.
• Share knowledge of industry best practices with the team.
• Passion for creating beautiful, pixel perfect visual designs that convey comprehensive skill of color palettes to bring campaigns and creative to life.
• Ability to strategically think across platforms, mastering the constantly changing content across channels to drive successful marketing objectives and campaigns.
• Strong presentation skills for pitching to key business stakeholders and leading conversations.
• Support and align with growth marketing products and initiatives to ensure continuity across all platforms.
• Ability to guide and mentor Junior designers to ensure they are capturing leadership's vision.
• A minimum of 5 years of advanced-level design and project management experience, preferably in entertainment. Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts and designer experience required.
• Highly skilled in visual design and typography.
• Skilled within Motion design and video.
• Visually stunning, cutting-edge portfolio not only showcasing a strong eye, but also strong storytelling and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong aptitude for building effective relationships in a fast-paced, constantly changing and deadline driven environment.
• Ability to project manage through design and creative efforts on large scale projects.
• Knowledgeable and understanding of Email Design as well as UI/UX design specialization.
• Not hesitant to escalate issues where necessary to upper management.
• An energetic, positive and roll up your sleeve's collaborator is a must.
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• A love of television, movies and social media, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends.
• An excitement for operations and a thirst to do more with less, to work smarter not harder.
• The ability to synthesize a lot of information to distill root cause and make informed decisions to mitigate risk.
• A robust experience with the Adobe creative suite and content management systems.
• Familiarity with Figma, emerging technologies, and high fidelity protypes. Motion design a plus.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia's new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.