Sr. Data Scientist, Forecasting - HBO Max
HBO MaxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Los Angeles, United States - New York - New York, United States - Washington - Seattle
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
As a Senior Data Scientist on the HBO Max Data Science team, this individual will have a deep understanding of different types of data, metrics and KPIs. You will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and improving forecast models. You will be working closely with the content intelligence team, marketing team, research team, strategy team and finance team. Your models and analysis will be used to inform partners and leadership about subscription projection and forecast. You would be working with a wide array of datasets to craft industry leading models and analyses. Key to this role is the ability to hop into cross-functional projects, executing from start to finish. You aggressively monitors the latest in algorithmic/modeling results and identifies opportunities to apply them impactfully.
• Design, build, improve machine learning forecast models. Work end to end from data collection, feature generation and selection, model building, forecasting, writing reports and building slides to share model results.
• Study and fully understand HBO Max data sources and extract most useful data for modeling
• Write efficient, correct queries to pull data for KPIs and metrics
• Monitor model outputs and validate model accuracy, propose ideas to enhance models
• Apply causal model to show cause-effect relationship between KPIs and factors affecting those
• Perform research to acquire best in class data science techniques and best practices to improve forecasting models
• Capture business requirements for data science solutions and communicate data science output and recommendations to inform business strategies
• Create dashboard/report to share forecast with internal/external stakeholders and leadership
• Present analysis to business partners and senior leadership and make recommendations
• BA/BS in statistics, mathematics, economics, industrial engineering, or other quantitative discipline is required. Masters/PhD is a plus
• 4 years of experience building data science/statistical models (Multivariate regression, Time Series Model, XGBoost, causal inference etc.)
• 2 years of experience in forecasting models and algorithms
• Expertise in SQL, Python, R
• Experience in customizing optimization algorithms
• Experience in building ARIMA and prophet models
• Proficiency using Excel spreadsheets and Google sheets
• Experience in subscription-based businesses or eCommerce preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, collaborate and influence
• Ability to deliver on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.