Sr. Data Analyst - HBO Max
HBO MaxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sr. Data Analyst (Marketing) - HBO Max
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We have created a new Data Insights and Operations (DIO) group within HBOMAX Direct-To-Consumer Organization to make the streaming products more data-driven. This team is looking to hire a motivated Sr. Data Analyst (Marketing) who will be working closely with team of highly motivated data engineers to build a state-of-the-art data platform to solve various data-driven use cases across the organization. This platform will host various data products such as but not limited to, Subscription, Content, and Product Analytics, Personalization and Recommendation, Marketing & Ad-Sales enablement. You will be charged with building a new core data platform in the cloud - handles both streaming and batch data processing, capable of solving any big data initiatives in scope now or evolve in future as well. You will be helping the business to strategize data driven product roadmaps, working with data engineering team to deliver product to meet those stake holder needs.
This individual will bring in his/her business acumen in Digital Marketing Area (Retention and Growth) and technical expertise in variety of big data analysis tools and frameworks to strategize and build various data needs across HBOMAX platform.
• Help build and maintain data products such as but not limited to CRM Platform Integrations, Marketing Analytics etc.
• Work closely with stake holders to understand and document requirements – both strategic and tactical in nature – educate stake holders by providing data and insights where needed.
• Conduct deep data analysis in large consumer data (CRM, Marketing Analytics) in order to understand and support stake holder needs.
• Work closely with in data engineering sprint team to prioritize and build data products to meet the requirements, act as product lead when needed to educate engineers and clarify stake holder requirements, support the team by conducting validation (UAT) when needed.
• Change how we think, act, and utilize our data by performing exploratory and quantitative analytics, data mining, and discovery.
• Think of new ways to improve business, present ideas to stake holders to get buy in.
• Work closely with data engineers and business stake holders to make data easily accessible and understandable to them.
• Ensure data quality by using data quality frameworks in place.
• Work closely with various other teams such as Security, Up Stream Data Providers, Governance, Program Management to deliver end to end product.
• Participate in supporting the platform 24X7.
• Be passionate about growing team – participate in hiring analysts and interns.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or Similar discipline.
• 5 years of experience in Data Analytics engineering
• 2 years of experience in direct to consumer and/or digital marketing domain.
• Go above and beyond attitude.
• Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure, agile environment.
• Ability and willingness to learn any new technologies and apply them at work in order to stay ahead of the curve.
• Excellent oral, writing and presentation skills – prior experience in conducting stakeholder meetings and presentations.
• Expertise in handling CRM integrations (Email, In-App Notifications etc).
• Expertise in at least few scripting languages – Python, SQL or Similar
• Expertise in analyzing large amount of data using big data tools and frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Snowflake, RedShift or similar.
• Expertise in SQL, Spark SQL, Hive etc.
• Expertise in OLAP databases such as Snowflake or Redshift.
• Experience with Analytics Tools such as Looker, Tableau is preferred.
• Cloud (AWS) experience is preferred
• Experience with tools such as Braze, Adobe Campaign Manager, various Tag Management Tools is preferred.
• Ability to learn and teach new languages and frameworks.
• Strong team focus with outstanding organizational and resource management skills
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia's new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.