Sr Analyst, Research - Hbomax
HBO MaxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and is scheduled to be in an additional 60 markets this year, launching in Latin America in June and followed by upgrades of HBO-branded streaming services in Europe.
The Warner Media HBO MAX DTC Research team aims to be trusted partners for our unique businesses through a lens that is unbiased and unfiltered. We objectively translate consumer voices to help make strategic business objectives and decisions.
The team is looking for a Senior Analyst, Research, to be a part of the HBO MAX/HBO Research team. They will be responsible for conducting innovative Marketing Research through a variety of quant and qual methods. This position is part of a team of strategic insight storytellers who help identify optimal marketing strategies for HBO MAX programming including the right messaging and key audiences which will enable HBO Max programming to break through the clutter. They will transform this data into actionable insights for Program Marketing Strategy.
The Senior Analyst will work on conducting research that helps to optimize positioning directions and creative materials.
This position requires someone who has a strong understanding of Marketing and Research processes and how the two intersect. They will work closely with their manager, stakeholders, and Research colleagues to understand top business issues to ensure appropriate research is being conducted. They are a self-starter, deeply curious, exceptionally organized and proactive.
• Strong knowledge of Marketing Research principles and practices with demonstrated capabilities in both qualitative and quantitative research
• Manage projects from design and execution through presentation to uncover and communicate actionable insights
• Evaluate and summarize research results; develop insightful and actionable recommendations and present findings.
• Analyze data and develop quick turn-around deliverables that are visual, concise and easily digestible.
• Create target audiences that shape marketing strategy through creative positioning
• Test creative (art and/or spots) that perform best against key audiences to inform targeted buys
• Deep understanding of how to translate the consumer's voice from a variety of inputs, into actionable insights
• Strong storytelling skills which create an articulate, engaging narrative, through impactful data visualization
• Ability to think strategically and analyze large data sets
• Passion for listening to and learning from consumers
• Distill business trends and performance indicators into decisions to inform marketing investment
• Innovate with research vendors on methodologies, processes, and tools
• Develop strong relationships and maintain regular communication with internal stakeholders and Research colleagues.
• Assist in the management of the budget including ensuring timely processing of invoices.
• Help manage vendor relationships.
• Bachelor's Degree required. Previous entertainment or streaming video experience preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of primary consumer market research experience.
• Knowledge of a broad range of quantitative and qualitative research techniques and methodologies.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and strategic thinking ability.
• Expert proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• Analytical problem-solving skills, including the ability to break down data/information into meaningful findings and develop recommendations that lead to informed decision-making.
• Proficiency in statistical analysis software tools (e.g. SPSS) ideal.
• Ability to synthesize information and produce insightful and accurate analyses and recommendations.
• Be adept at data visualization to tell story of insights in a clear and digestible way.
• Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills with an unparalleled ability to get things done
• Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, consistency, and quality
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Exceptional relationship building and collaboration skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced high-pressure environment without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail; strong project management skills are essential.
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
• Intellectually curious with a consultative mindset and a passion for entertainment
• Light travel may be required once travel bans are lifted
• Flexibility to adapt to changing and growing environment.
• High degree of integrity and professionalism and strong commitment to quality and accuracy
• A passion for the brands and a thirst to do more with less, to work smarter not harder.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.