HBO MaxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 10:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Software Engineer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Software Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Software Engineer? Software Engineer I, Content Personalization - HBO Max
The WarnerMedia Direct to Consumer Search team is responsible for the search platform used within the HBO Max experience. We drive a core content discovery experience that aims to quickly connect a customer to a specific video while helping them explore the catalog when they are not sure what they are looking for. As the owner of a critical part of the discovery experience, you will have the opportunity expected to use customer behavior to develop a deep understanding of your customers and apply that to each individual's entertainment activities.
• Design and implement the direct to consumer search solution to improve customers' search experience.
• Collaborating with team members and cross-functional teams
• Hold yourself and your team high standards while maintaining respectful relationships
• Maintain high-quality coding standards for yourself and your team
• Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
• Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
• A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and operating systems
• Fluency in a modern programming language
• Be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve problems
• Experience with team coordination and collaboration
• Ability to provide periodic on-call support for critical emergent customer-facing issues
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science-related discipline or 2 years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms
The Nice to Haves
• Experience with search technologies. E.g. Lucene, Elasticsearch, Solr, or an equivalent.
• Experience with backend technologies at a large scale, especially Kubernetes and AWS
• DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you developed
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.